Half Marathons in London
- Hackney Half Marathon17MAY2020
Hackney Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ London13.1 mi£45 - £89
- London Landmarks Half Marathon29MAR2020
London Landmarks Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ London13.1 mi£55
- The Vitality Big Half1MAR2020
The Vitality Big HalfHalf Marathon ‧ London13.1 mi • 2.4 mi • 1.0 miFree - £46
- Royal Parks Half Marathon11OCT2020
Royal Parks Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ London13.1 mi£59
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Half Marathon16FEB2020
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ London£36
- St Albans Half Marathon14JUN2020
St Albans Half MarathonRunning ‧ St Albans13.1 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.5 miFree - £32
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K12SEP2020
Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10KRunning ‧ London26.2 mi • 13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.0 miFree - £48.50
- Quicksilver Hampton Court Half Marathon23FEB2020
Quicksilver Hampton Court Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ Thames Ditton13.1 mi£33 - £42
- Thorpe & Egham 10k & Half Marathon2FEB2020
Thorpe & Egham 10k & Half MarathonRunning ‧ Egham13.1 mi • 6.2 mi£24 - £30
- Windsor Half Marathon27SEP2020
Windsor Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ Windsor13.1 mi£37.50 - £50
- Hampton Court Palace Half Marathon15MAR2020
Hampton Court Palace Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ Molesey13.1 mi£38
- Victoria Park Race - January4JAN2020
Victoria Park Race - JanuaryRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 miFree
- Victoria Park Race - February8FEB2020
Victoria Park Race - FebruaryRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£20 - £26
- Conquer Crystal Palace Spring 5k, 10k, 15k and Half Marathon21MAR2020
Conquer Crystal Palace Spring 5k, 10k, 15k and Half MarathonRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 9.3 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£16
- Victoria Park Race – March7MAR2020
Victoria Park Race – MarchRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£20 - £26
- Easter Victoria Park 5K, 10K and Half Marathon - April 10APR2020
Easter Victoria Park 5K, 10K and Half Marathon - AprilRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£18 - £26
- Surrey Half Marathon8MAR2020
Surrey Half MarathonRunning ‧ Woking13.1 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.2 mi£12 - £45
- RunUK Richmond Half Marathon – February23FEB2020
RunUK Richmond Half Marathon – FebruaryHalf Marathon ‧ Richmond13.1 mi£27 - £29
- The Croydon Half Marathon15MAR2020
The Croydon Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ Croydon13.1 mi£21 - £23
- Hendy Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon16FEB2020
Hendy Tunbridge Wells Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ Tunbridge Wells13.1 mi£24 - £46
- RunThrough Finsbury Park 5K, 10K & Half Marathon – January12JAN2020
RunThrough Finsbury Park 5K, 10K & Half Marathon – JanuaryRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi£22
- Dartford Half Marathon15MAR2020
Dartford Half MarathonHalf Marathon ‧ Dartford13.1 mi£25 - £27
- Wimbledon Common Half Marathon – April5APR2020
Wimbledon Common Half Marathon – AprilHalf Marathon ‧ London13.1 mi£30
- RunThrough Lee Valley VeloPark 5k, 10k, 10 Mile & Half Marathon – January25JAN2020
RunThrough Lee Valley VeloPark 5k, 10k, 10 Mile & Half Marathon – JanuaryRunning ‧ London13.1 mi • 10.0 mi • 6.2 mi • 3.1 mi • 1.0 mi£10 - £22
About Half Marathons in London
Half marathons (13.1 miles) are the among the most popular running events in London. Sightseeing appears to be high on the list of priorities for half marathons in London, and there are plenty of them. If you want to warm up to a half, or you don't yet feel ready why not take a look at our calendar of London 10k runs.
What are the best half marathons?
London has a wealth of half marathons to choose from, and all offer something a little different for you to enjoy. Say you're visiting and want to see all the big sights in record time, look no further than the London Landmarks Half Marathon. If big crowds is your thing, then The Big Half offers that festival feel and has over 20,000 participants. For more live bands and DJs along the route, the Hackney Half is a superb option, well reviewed by our community. Prefer to run among the trees in London's glorious parks? The Royal Parks Half follows a stunning route - it's also a favourite of charity lovers, raising over £43m and it's only 10 years old. Many of these hugely popular races sell out fast or use a ballot entry, so get your name in early.
London has a lot to offer, but if you feel like travelling, why not take a look at our pick of the World's Top 12 Half Marathons.
How long will it take me to run a half marathon?
The average global finish time over the last few years is about 1h54m for men, and 2h10m for women.
London has it's fair share of super flat and fast half marathons, but the fastest in the world seems to be the Valencia Half Marathon in Spain. Both the mens and womens world records are held there. Kenyan Abraham Kiptum set a time of 58:18 minutes, and compatriot Joyciline Jepkosgei a time of 64:51 minutes. Seriously fast.
How long do I need to train for a half marathon?
You're going to want to build up to these events. Take the time to consider a good training programme such as our 8 week training plan. If you're starting from scratch, you might want to take a little longer, get out for a few runs and judge it for yourself. You should push yourself, but most importantly, enjoy yourself. Happy running.