Swimming is a great way of keeping fit, while reducing impact on your joints. It is a form of all-round, aerobic exercise so it has plenty of health benefits. If swimming laps in the local pool is getting repetitive, then a swimming event is a great way of pushing yourself further and experiencing something different. There are over 1400 registered Swimming Clubs in the UK. Open water swimming events take you out of the pool and into local lakes or the open sea for a range of wild and adventuorus experiences. In the UK, conditions are often relatively cold, so you'll need a good wetsuit, but these events are hugely rewarding and enjoyable. Swimming is often an isolated activity, so these mass-participation races provide a new challenge. Open water swimming events are becoming more and more popular in the UK, and there are a range of distances to choose from, so anybody can get involved.
- Fri, 20th Aug • The MumblesPrice TBC3 races
- Sat, 28th Aug • UlverstonPrice TBC1 race
- Sat, 4th Sep • ConistonPrice TBC1 race
- Sun, 5th Sep • OxfordPrice TBC1 race
- Fri, 10th Sep • Castle Douglas£254 racesCovid Plan
- Sat, 18th Sep • LakesidePrice TBC3 races: 5k
- Fri, 1st Jul 2022 • TenbyPrice TBC9 races: ironman, marathon, half marathon, 10k, 5kCovid Plan
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll alert you when similar events are added to the site.
Have we missed something?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible. We're talking Usain Bolt fast.