The ASICS Greater Manchester marathon in Trafford on the same super fast course that is the flattest marathon course in the UK and one of the flattest in the world.
For 2018, the race village will be at Emirates Old Trafford, the home of Lancashire Cricket Club and will be sited on the car park in front of the stadium. You will start the race just a short walk away on the A56 White City Roundabout and finish on Talbot Road outside Emirates Old Trafford. The venue change is in line with our growth plans for the event and now allows us to have an 8m wide finish giving you a spectacular finale to your great day.
Some highlights of the route:
- The flattest marathon course in the UK - flatter than London, Edinburgh, New York, Chicago and many others
- Perfect PB course
- The race village situated at Emirates Old Trafford, the home of Lancashire County Cricket Club, on the car park in front of the pavilion.
- The race will start on the A56 near the White City roundabout, a short walk from the race village at Emirates Old Trafford
- Awesome entertainment and support along the course - see the comments page to hear what our runners said
- The route will be held entirely on closed, main roads
- More of the route in Altrincham where the crowd support was amazing
- We have a new 8m wide finish outside Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire County Cricket Club (LCCC) on Talbot Road
At our 2017 event 86% of the top 50 recorded a PB or SB and 50% of the top 250 got a PB. This race is YOUR best chance to get a marathon PB!