The Gulf Beach Half Marathon is the most gorgeous and FLATTEST Half Marathon in Connecticut! Run along the beautiful beaches of Milford featuring the Silver Sands State Park Boardwalk. This is a PR Course like no other. Join us for our 9th Annual.
Half Marathons in Bridgeport
The Faxon Law New Haven Road Race features half marathon, half marathon relay, 20K, 5K, and Kids Fun Run! The event hosts the 20K National Championships. The event is limited to 7,500 runners. Don't miss the post race party on the Green with live music, kids activities, food & beer for 21+.
The final race in a series each year in this coastal Connecticut city, the Sam Elpern Memorial Half Marathon usually sees a few hundred runners cross the finish line each year on a course that unfolds through shaded residential neighborhoods along the area known as the Merrit Parkway.
The Weston Kiwanis Club is honored to host the eighth year of the Reservoir Run Half Marathon, 5K, and Kids Fun Run. We encourage you to join us for the Kiwanian's premier event. The Weston Community, Police, Town and Schools join together every year to bring you one of the finest events in CT.
The Pamby Ridgefield Half Marathon is beautiful race featuring classic fall New England scenery. The race is beginner-friendly, and contains some of prettiest roads in Fairfield County! The race starts on East Ridge Road, just above the The Boys and Girls Club of Ridgefield, with a few gradual climbs to keep you honest. It then settles into a nice rolling course that winds through southern Ridgefield for two loops that showcase some of the flattest miles in the town. With a fast downhill into downtown Ridgefield and back to the Boys and Girls Club, you're sure to finish strong and smiling!
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.