This is a paved trail race starting at Rogue River Park. Top Shelf Races goal is to provide professionally timed racing opportunities with a unique tech shirt and a one of a kind finisher medal. Packet pickup will be day of race. All races will be CHIP timed.
Half Marathons in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Marathon, 13.3 Half Marathon (with a 13.1 split mat!) and a 6 Mile option as well! At The Meadows in Millennium Park, one of the great facilities of our Kent County Park system. A good warmup for your fall marathon or just a chance to run in our beautiful Millennium Park!
Founded in 2004, the Grand Rapids Marathon delivers a fun, highly personal, authentic race experience, particularly for runners who value a well-organized, personal experience over the chaotic, crowded fields of big city races through concrete canyons.
We are a race that supports every runner no one is a stranger on our course celebrates every individual accomplishment and embodies the spirit of friendship and community that is so unique to running.
Holland Haven Marathon runners experience the beautiful coast of Lake Michigan - Boston qualifying hopefuls can make the cut only one day before registration opens. The Holland Haven Half Marathon begins at Camp Geneva along the Lake Michigan coastline, and the 8K race is a flat, out-and-back course.
Rivertown Races is a professionally organized and timed, family-friendly 1/2 Marathon, 10k, and 5k and is a favorite for many beginner and elite runners alike. These events start and finish at beautiful Meadows of Millennium Park, the largest urban park in the area, located in Walker, MI, southwest of Grand Rapids. Runners will travel over roads, paved trails, and bridges while enjoying the rolling terrain, wetlands, and lakes that encompass this unique location. Food and beverages, music, and family fun will be available throughout the event.
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.