We invite you to join us in Midway this fall for the 10th annual Iron Horse Half Marathon and 3rd annual Iron Horse 12k! For our 10th anniversary, we are holding the race in conjunction with the world famous Midway Fall Festival! Join us for a morning of running, fun, and the best local vendors Kentucky has to offer!
Half Marathons in Lexington, Kentucky
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.