The Houston Striders are pleased to present the Koala Health & Wellness Houston Half Marathon & 10K. Whether you are in training, a charity supporter, or simply looking for a well-organized event to experience with friends and family, this is the race for you.
Half Marathons in Pasadena
The La Porte By the BayHalf Marathon starts from Sylvan Beach Park by the water, proceeding through La Porte streets and on to the Fred Hartman Bridge, one of the most beautiful and unique structures in Texas.Supported by two sets of diamond-shaped reinforced steel towers that reach 440 feet into the sky with distinctive yellow cables that seem to glow in the sun, the effect is almost like running through a magnificent open air cathedral. After looping back to take on the bridge for a second crossing, the race finishes at Five Points Plaza where the post-race party awaits with amazing food and cold beer, awards and good times with family, fellow runners and friends. All finishers will receive a medal.
A fine course through the south-east of Texas, this is the cities biggest sporting event year on year. Boasting a half marathon and 5k on top, there's something on offer for amateurs right through to seasoned long distance runners. This is often popular with athletes looking for a Boston qualifying time, and is renowned for its fantastic atmosphere, with thousands of spectators lining the course year on year.
Whether its the Marathon, 3/4 Marathon, Half Marathon, 1/4 Marathon, Team Relay, 5K, or Kids 1K, we have a race for you! Run one race or sign up for a challenge by finishing two races. Most of the races are held on the Seabrook nature trails surrounded by a diverse habitat of both fresh and salt marsh, the coastline of the Galveston Bay, wetlands, and wild-life and bird sanctuaries. The trails consist of crushed granite surface. This popular event has been known for its enthusiastic volunteers, great goodie bag and awesome post-race party.
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.