Get Moving Tucson is Tucson's most popular urban half-marathon with three events to choose from and live music, a vendor expo, children's activities, jumping castle, food trucks, breakfast after-party, and more. For both the 5k and the Half, the fun begins in the heart of Downtown Tucson, with a route including historic West University and the canyons of Downtown.
Half Marathons in Tucson
This incredibly fast and remarkably beautiful road race takes runners from the forests and canyons of Mt Lemmon to the foothills of Tucson, Arizona. Featuring a smooth downhill slope and spectacular scenery in the Coronado National Forest, this race will be sure to help you set your PR and finally hit that Boston Qualifying time as it is the fastest marathon and half marathon in Arizona. REVEL in speed. REVEL in beauty. REVEL down Mount Lemmon!
The Everyone Runs November 10 Tucson Medical Center Veterans Day Half Marathon & 5k is unquestionably Tucsons premier and most beautiful course running in the majestic Tucson Mountain Park!
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.