At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.