Join more than 7,500 fellow runners in Austin, Texas, to run a personal best at the 3M Half Marathon. 3M Half is a fun and fast stand-alone half marathon boasting one of the fastest 13.1-mile courses in the country. Youll enjoy a point-to-point course with mostly downhill running, run past some of Austins finest locations, and finish downtown near the Texas State Capitol.
How to enter the 3M Half Marathon
- Run 13.1mi
3M Half Marathon route
3M Half is a fun and fast stand-alone half marathon boasting one of the fastest 13.1-mile courses in the country. You’ll enjoy a point-to-point course with mostly downhill running, run past some of Austin’s finest locations, and finish downtown near the Texas State Capitol.
The 3M Half Marathon course will be open for 4 hours. Participants not maintaining the pace to finish within this time will be directed to get onto the sidewalk by race officials and the finish line will not remain open beyond this finishing time. This is an 18 minute per mile pace.
The Twenty-Six Two pacers will help you achieve your 3M Half Marathon goals and act as a rolling finish line all the way to the real finish line! They’re here for you, whether your goal is a personal record or simply to cross the finish line. Our Pace Group Leaders are extremely experienced runners and selected based on their previous running and/or pacing performances. They know what it takes to hold a steady pace and provide a great race experience for their “Pace-ees.” Below are a few highlights about the team.
- Participation is FREE to all pacers and no registration is necessary.
- We will have pace groups for the following times: 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, and 2:30.
- There will be a “Meet the Pacers” area at the expo where you can meet the group and ask questions.
- To meet up with the pacers on race day, look for them next to the “Pace Time” signs in the starting area holding up signs with the finishing times printed on them. They will be wearing Pacer singlets and carrying the pace signs. Try to meet up with your pace group at least 15 minutes before the start of the race.
- Five to 10 minutes before the start, your pace group leader will give you their final instructions. This may include any adjustments being made to the pace due to course conditions. This is another great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have.
- Water station philosophy, regarding whether the pace group will walk or run through it, is up to the pace leader. Each pace leader will let you know their strategy for getting back together after a water stop. Be sure to check with your group leader prior to the start if this is important to you.
- We want you to run your own race. If you feel great on race day and want to catch the next group, we’ll cheer you on. If it’s not your day, slow down and wait for the group behind you. And if you want to just fall in and match strides with your pace group leader, we’re sure to appreciate the company!
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
3M Half Marathon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
3M Half Marathon reviews
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- The Ascension Seton Austin Marathon & Half Marathon16th Feb 2020, Austin
- Baylor Scott & White BCS Marathon & Half Marathon8th Dec, College Station
- Irving Marathon28th Mar 2020, Irving
- BMW Dallas Marathon, Half Marathon & Behringer Relay15th Dec, Dallas5(1)
- Whine Not a Marathon21st Dec, Dallas
- Gator Bait Trail Run26th Apr 2020, Huntsville