Mercury Events have teamed up with Let's Do This to lift you up out of the Quarantine into the Mercury Rising Challenge - a month's worth of epic events designed to help you reach new heights and to bring us together as we remain physically apart.
This whole series will be supporting the Boys and Girls Clubs. During the recent lock down many Boys & Girls Club sites were caring for the children of first responders and medical personel and now, with many camps and summer youth programs cancelled or in limbo, Boys & Girls Club facilities and their trained youth development professionals are needed more than ever to continue to provide 'The Positive Place for Kids.'
Those who sign up for all four weeks will be challenged to improve their time from week one to week four.
All participants will be a part of special online warm up and yoga sessions as well as getting weekly invites to our post race DJ parties.
Week 1 launches on June 6, and you will be able to post your results throughout the weekend!
Choose your event
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you run further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.