Sign up today and be a part of ACLR's Cool Cats & Kittens 5K! This weeklong virtual event is our way of bringing the community together to raise money through fun, exercise, and proper social distancing! Join fellow runners from all over the world to help raise money for a great cause!
Money raised from this event will go to ACLR's programs which include trap-neuter-return (TNR), adoptions, and medical care for Prince George's County's most vulnerable community cats and kittens. You can check out our website here: acatsliferescue.org
Complete your run from October 4th-11th (at your leisure) and upload your results and awesome pics within 48 hours to see where you rank on the overall and age group leaderboards. All ages are welcome, and we will have prizes for fastest overall man and woman, and fastest within age groups (including kids!).
Each ticket purchased includes your race registration fee and a special, limited-edition t-shirt.
How to enter the ACLR's Cool Cats & Kittens 5K
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 5km
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.