This remarkable event challenges up to 40 teams of two or three ultrarunners – running together as duos or trios for the duration, NOT in a relay – to tackle an unimaginable traverse of Southern California deserts and mountains. The route covers 81 miles (130km) from Salton City (elevation 234 feet / 71m below sea level) to Palomar Mountain, the almost tallest mountain in San Diego County (elevation 5500 feet / 1676m.) Eight of the 81 race miles pass through Anza-Borrego State Park on a single track trail known as the California Riding and Hiking Trail from near Borrego Springs to near Ranchita, creating a race route which is a mix of road and trail. There is a total elevation gain of over 9000 feet (2740m).
How to enter the Badwater Salton Sea
- Run 81mi
Badwater Salton Sea weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
Badwater Salton Sea reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Badwater Salton Sea?
You may also like
- Kodiak Ultra Marathons14th Aug, Big Bear Lake
- Cirque du Griffith Park 6/12/24 Runs5th Sep, Los Angeles
- The San Francisco Marathon25th Jul, San Francisco4.5(5)
- Lake Tahoe Marathon9th Oct, South Lake Tahoe
- Crystal Springs1st Aug, Woodside
- Marlette Lake Tahoe 50K & 10 Miles Trail Run9th Aug, Carson City5(1)