Baltimore Running Festival
Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k, and 1 more
Sat, Oct 14, 2023
Baltimore, United States
Based on 13,892 participants
Based on location
25 to 100ft elevation gain per mile
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Sat, Oct 14, 2023
Terrain: Closed roads
The fair yet challenging marathon course travels through diverse neighborhoods including the scenic Inner Harbor waterfront area, historic Federal Hill, and charming Fells Point. Miles 16-20 have been compared to Boston’s famed “Heartbreak Hill” but once over this hill runners are rewarded with a flat loop around Lake Montebello. The final 5 miles are mostly downhill and dotted with cheering spectators.
The half-marathon start line is a party on the shores of Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor, the 13-mile mark of the marathon. Participants will run a separate course for the first 3 miles, before merging with the marathon route at Patterson Park.
10k runners will set out with the marathoners at Camden Yards and run alongside them for the first 2 miles, before going separate ways at Maryland Ave and crossing the finish line on Pratt St.
The flat 5k course offers participants a scenic view of Baltimore's iconic inner Harbor and wraps up along Pratt St, near McKeldin Square.
Organizer route images
- Collectible Crack the Crab finisher medal with unique opening shell design
- Under Armour performance shirt
- Post-race beer
- Free race photos courtesy of CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield [learn more]
- Free race & expo parking in select M&T Bank Stadium lots (other paid lots also available during race weekend)
- Baggage check buses at Camden Yards (moved to Inner Harbor for finish)
- Mile-marker sign at each mile
- Clocks at various splits on the course
- 15 fluid stations on the course (water and Gatorade),
- Fruit, pretzels, potato chips, energy gel and other snacks (2 locations on course),
- Toilets at start/finish and various points on the course..
- The Maryland Stadium Authority will offer Lots F and G for DISCOUNTED PARKING during the expo. These lots are within a walking distance from the convention center– about .75 mile. There is also the option to take the Light Rail from the Hamburg St. station located Lot G two stops to the Convention Center stop. Several paid lots are located near the Convention Center if you choose to pay to park. (see map on the previous page of this booklet.)
- There will be a free courtesy shuttle provided to the expo from lots F and G. It is about a 15-minute bus ride each way. The shuttle stop will be located on the curbside island between lots G & H (see the adjacent map and look for the shuttle bus flag) from 11:30am-8:30pm each day of the expo.