Our event includes an official CTC double century as well as a single century option. Both rides start and finish in Castro Valley, California. Our double century route has three segments on which we include an experience filled with many of the best and most memorable cycling roads offered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
How to enter the Best of the Bay Double Century
- Bike 198miStandard Entries
- Bike 104miStandard Entries
Best of the Bay Double Century routes
The BEST OF THE BAY Double Century can be broken down into the following three segments:
- A 55-mile rural and scenic trip from Castro Valley through the East Bay hills, up to Grizzly Peak and down the other side, and returning through those hills to our headquarters in Castro Valley.
- A 53-mile ride from Castro Valley to Mt. Diablo, climbing up the South Gate road, descending the same road, and followed by a gentle ride up Bollinger Canyon to our lunch stop at Las Trampas Regional Wilderness.
- A 90-mile ramble south on Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon Valley Blvd., and Foothill Rd. to the Sunol-Ohlone Regional Park rest stop. The route then heads through Pleasanton, and continues east through the Livermore vineyards, and north on Collier Canyon towards Mt. Diablo. This time you won’t climb Mt. Diablo, but cycle past it to Danville, before heading south to Dublin, and finally descend to the finish in Castro Valley.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Best of the Bay Double Century weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
Best of the Bay Double Century reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Best of the Bay Double Century?