A high-altitude riders dream, the Breck Epic is a six-day stage race through challenging back-country terrain, with stages averaging 50 miles apiece. Organizers choose the days route based on where they would like to ride, so you can expect to see a little bit of everythingthough each stage starts and finishes in downtown Breckenridge, and the course is well-supplied with aid stations.
How to enter the Breck Epic
- Bike 220mi
- Run 72h
- Bike 220mi
Breck Epic routes
In general, the race is 220-240 miles long and ‘features’ roughly 40,000′ feet of vertical gain (and loss!) Courses get tweaked from year to year as new trails get built, decommissioned or authorized.
- Aug 5: Stage 1 – Pennsylvania Creek (Ice Rink/Carter Park) – 35 miles, 6000′
- Aug 6: Stage 2 – Colorado Trail (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 43 miles, 7200′
- Aug 7: Stage 3 – Guyot (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 41 miles, 8100′
- Aug 8: Stage 4 – Aqueduct (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 44 miles, 6300′
- Aug 9: Stage 5 – Wheeler (Beaver Run Parking Lot/Peaks TH) – 32 miles, 4900′
- Aug 10: Stage 6 – Gold Dust (Ice Rink/Ice Rink) 30 miles, 4800′
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Breck Epic weather forecast
Light rain in the morning and afternoon.
Breck Epic reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Breck Epic?