Come run Castle Rocks best trail race at the beautiful Phillip S Miller Park! The event will offer six races: a 50k ultramarathon, a marathon, a half marathon, a 10K, a 5K and a family adventure race. The event will highlight the soft surface trails that are a part of the towns largest ever park project. The race will begin near Castle Rocks state-of-the-art Miller Athletic Complex, a beautiful $30 million venue. The race course will showcase the trails in Phillip S Miller Park and the adjacent Ridgeline Open Space. Dont forget to take in the impressive views of the surrounding buttes and the scenic views of Castle Rock as the trail twists and winds over the flowing race course. If you have any energy left after your race, you can climb Challenge Hill, a 200-step staircase on the hillside near the finish line.
How to enter the Castle Rock Trail Festival
- Run 50kmStandard Entries
- Run 26.2miStandard Entries
- Run 13.1miStandard Entries
- Run 10kmStandard Entries
- Run 5kmStandard Entries
- Run 1.5miStandard Entries
Castle Rock Trail Festival routes
The Castle Rock Trail Festival course is located entirely within the confines of Philip S Miller Park and Ridgeline Open Space in Castle Rock, CO.
Starting near the amphitheater at PS Miller Park, the course travels along the yellow and purple trails before crossing a pedestrian bridge to the Ridgeline Open Space. Here, runners will circumnavigate the perimeter of the Rigeline Trail counterclockwise before returning to the pedestrian bridge. Once back in PS Miller Park, runners will continue on the yellow trail. Half Marathon, 10K and 5K runners will finish at the start line while 50K runners will get to experience the red and green trails within PS Miller Park.
The 50K runners will run two full loops of the course while the marathon runners will run two loops of the half marathon course.
The entire course is run on entirely on dirt single and double track trails. The Ridgeline Trail 50K, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and the LiveBIG 5K are challenging courses with a lot of short ups and downs, twists and turns and some roots mixed in to test your ankles. There will be 11 aid stations in the 50K and marathon, six aid stations in the half marathon and two aid stations in the 10K. There is only one aid station in the 5K and it is very close to the finish line. Each aid station will provide Gatorade, water and gels. 50K and marathon runners will also find a variety of food items, including pretzels, potato chips and fruit.
Family Adventure Run Obstacle Descriptions
The family adventure run will feature up to 13 possible obstacles. Here are a list of the possibilities.
- P.S. Miller Challenge Hill – 200 steps to the top of the ridge. A daunting task but you’ll love the views.
- Bubble Trouble – Nothing more satisfying than a spare bit of bubble wrap right? Crawl to the end and see how many you can squash on the way.
- Walk the plank – How’s your balance? Step up and make it to the end without falling!
- Mom, I’m TIREd – Knees up and one foot in each circle.
- Basic Training – Crawl under the flags, and thank your lucky stars it’s not real basic training or those flags would be barbed wire!
- SeeSaw – A ‘stay on your feet’ take on a classic playground toy. Extra points if you manage all 3 without falling off.
- Through The Rabbit Hole – Just like Alice.
- The Wall – Up and over, watch your footholds.
- Hurdles – Over is the preferred method but under works just as good.
- String Maze – OK, James Bond, see if you can make it to the end without touching a string.
- The Ladder – Just like The Wall……Up one side and down the other.
- HAY there! – It’s just not October without climbing a hay stack.
- Inflatable Obstacle Course – Test your speed against others in your group or just try to make it to the end on your feet.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Castle Rock Trail Festival weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Castle Rock Trail Festival reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Castle Rock Trail Festival?