California's Oldest Trail Marathon. This "bucket list' marathon features the exciting and historic marathon course used largely since the first year on the Catalina Island Conservancys lands. This includes much of the rugged terrain, spectacular vistas, challenging climbs and special challenges enjoyed by thousands of runners over the years!
How to enter the Catalina Island Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 5km
- Run 10km
- Run 1mi
Catalina Island Marathon routes
IMPORTANT NOTE: The marathon will start in Two Harbors, while all of the other races will start in Avalon
The Marathon has an elevation gain of 4,310’. The course primarily runs along dirt roads throughout the interior of Catalina. Please be prepared for a hilly and challenging course. The final miles back into town are down a paved road. The 5K &10K is exclusively on the streets of Avalon.
How is the course marked?
The course is marked with arrows to guide you and cones to block roads/trails you should not head down. Look for flour on the ground to keep you in the right direction.
Catalina Island Marathon weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
Catalina Island Marathon reviews
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Surf City Marathon and Half Marathon2nd Feb 2020, Huntington Beach
- Los Angeles Marathon8th Mar 2020, Los Angeles
- Seaside Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k & 5k16th Feb 2020, Ventura
- The Hoover Dam Marathon14th Dec, Boulder City
- Run With Santa15th Dec, Long Beach
- Jingle Bells Marathon, ⅔, Half 15K, 10K, & 5K8th Dec, Long Beach