There is a race for everyone at the Columbus Triathlon and Multisport festival, from beginner to ironman. Challenge yourself and celebrate your achievement afterwards at the post-race party with pizza and beer!
How to enter the Colombus Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.3km, Bike 8mi, Run 1.5mi
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 12.4mi, Run 5km
- Duathlon: Run 1.5km, Bike 12.4mi, Run 5km
- Aquabike: Swim 0.75km, Bike 12.4mi
- Aquathlon: Swim 0.75km, Run 5km
- Triathlon: Swim 1.5km, Bike 24mi, Run 10km
- Duathlon: Run 5km, Bike 24mi, Run 10km
- Aquabike: Swim 1.5km, Bike 24mi
- Aquathlon: Swim 1.5km, Run 10km
- Triathlon: Swim 2km, Bike 35mi, Run 9.3km
- Duathlon: Run 5km, Bike 35mi, Run 9.3km
- Aquabike: Swim 2km, Bike 35mi
- Aquathlon: Swim 2km, Run 9.3km
- Swim 3km
- Run 5km
Colombus Triathlon routes
START: We will have an in-water start. Racers will line up according to ability. There are places where you can touch the bottom at the start. Everyone (all men and women) will start in the same wave unless otherwise directed. Should we need to start in waves, we will start the men first and the women afterwards
COURSE: See the course maps. The courses will be marked with large buoys.
- The 5000m Swim begins with a 500m 1/2 lap and then 6 laps on a 750m loop.
- The 3000m Swim is 4 laps on a 750m loop.
- The 2000m Swim begins with a 500m extension and then 2 laps on a 750m loop.
- The 1500m Swim is 2 laps on a 750m loop.
- The 750m Swim is 1 lap on a 750m loop.
- The beginner swim is a point to point swim one way down the beach in shallow water.
AID STATION: There is 1 Aid Station for the 3k and 5k swim. To access the aid station you must swim to the table, access your aid and then return to the swim course. You can leave your own aid at the station. We will provide water and gels.
TO TRANSITION & OPEN SWIM FINISH: Once you have completed your swim, exit the water and run up the beach to the transition area or the finish line. Follow the cones, chalk and signs.
SWIM CUT OFF: Everyone must have completed the swim course by 10:00am. This should give everyone plenty of time to complete this segment of the race.
This is a swim and bike only event. You must enter the transition area, rack your bike and then proceed to the finish line. Aquabikers will exit the transition area through run out and then proceed to the finish line.
This is a swim and run only event. You must enter the transition area after your swim, get your running gear and then proceed to the run course. At the end of your run you must cross the finish line.
This is a run, followed by a bike and then another run. You must enter the transition area between events. The duathlons will start in a separate location from the swim; the location varies by venue. Duathletes should meet at the duathlon start for their pre-race meeting and event start.
- WHAT BIKE TO USE: You can ride most any upright human powered bike in the race including but not limited to road bikes (10 speed), mountain bikes, & hybrid bikes.
- HELMET: Remember that you must wear a helmet when you are on your bike. Additionally you must put your helmet on before you leave the transition area (after your have exited the swim and picked up your bike in the transition area).
- DRAFTING IS NOT ALLOWED: Please refer to the USAT triathlon rules for more information.
- COURSE MARKINGS: The bike course is marked with signs and cones. There will be a sign at each turn, so if you do not see a sign, please proceed straight. All turns are marked with signs. We DO NOT make any marks on the roadway surface, so please ignore all paint on the road surface. These are from other races and may take you off course.
- SAFETY: Additionally there will be local law enforcement at all turns so that you can proceed without stopping. The roads are open to traffic. You have the right of way, but that does not mean the cars will know that, so be alert and be safe.
- Please ride in the right lane of the road at all times and be sure you ride to the right of that lane so other cars and riders can safely pass you during the race.
- Should you get a flat or have an accident, please alert the next rider so they can alert our staff, volunteers or law enforcement at the next turn.
- Beginner triathletes will have a unique course so please study the race map. This course will be 1 out and back.
- Sprint triathletes, duathletes and aquabikers will complete 1 lap on the 12 mile course.
- Olympic triathletes, duathletes and aquabikers will complete 2 laps on the 12 mile course.
- ⅓ Iron triathletes, duathletes and aquabikers will complete 3 laps on the 12 mile course.
- BIKE CUT OFF: Everyone must have completed the bike course by 11:00am. This should give everyone plenty of time to complete this segment of the race.
- COURSE MAPS: Please review the course maps before the race. It is your duty to know the course. The run course is marked with signs, cones and chalk. If you do not see a sign, cone or chalk/spray arrow keep going straight. There will also be volunteers on course as well. Each race venue will have its own unique run course, so please review the course maps. All runs will be out and back.
- There will be one common 5k (3.1-mile), out and back, course used by all athletes. Athletes will run 1.55-miles out and 1.55 miles back on course.
- If you are running 1.5 miles you will turn around at the .75-mile mark.
- If you are running 5k you will complete 1 lap of the course.
- If you are running 10k you will complete 2 laps of the course.
- If you are running 9.3-miles you will complete 3 laps of the course.
- AID STATIONS: There are 3 aid stations / water stops on course that can be accessed multiple times throughout your run. Each will have water, HEED and Hammer Gels. The aid stations will be at:
- Exit of transition area
- 0.75-mile mark turn around
- 1.55-mile mark turn around
Colombus Triathlon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Colombus Triathlon reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
Good for beginners
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Colombus Triathlon?