One of our core philosophies is to keep competitive, travel soccer affordable and accessible to all of our players. We are proud to be able to offer a scholarship program and over 40% of our players receive some type of financial aid. We are one of the only clubs in the area to offer such a program and we want to be in a position to continue to do so for next season.
The proceeds from this race directly funds the scholarship program. In addition to supporting our student athletes, you will receive a drawstring backpack, in the mail, after you complete the race.
We really appreciate your support of our program!
You can run and submit your times for your 5K at any point during the weekend of June 6th & 7th. All you need to do is track your activity with an activity tracking app or GPS watch, snap a finisher's photo as you cross the virtual finish line, and upload your results! Result submissions will close at midnight on Sunday night, so make sure you upload your results as soon as you complete the event.
How to enter the DeMatha Soccer Scholarship 5K Fundraiser
Once you register, you'll need to finish the distance in any interval or pace within the completion timeframe designated for your Virtual Event.
- Run 5km
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you run further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.