By using this website you agree to our
First header image

Des Plaines River Trail Races

Event passed
See results and photos
Event summary

Welcome to year 10 of the DPR Trail Half-Marathon, Marathon and 50 Mile Ultra Marathon along the beautiful and fast Des Plaines River Trail in Lake County, Illinois. This is a truly special running course. The DPR Trail is a wide, crushed gravel track, free of roots and rocks, and very flat. All of the major road crossings are managed by way of bridges or viaducts (with only 4 minor road crossings along the whole 50 Mile course, 2 on the Marathon course, and none for the Half-Marathon course). This is a great track through alternating lush forests and open wetlands. With cool temperatures expected, and given the flat terrain and ideal running surface, you'll find these to be extremely fast courses. Come out and join us for a great run!

How to enter

What's included:

Each registered runner will receive a shirt with DPR Trail Races logo. All runners will also receive an additional SWAG item yet to be determined. Post-race recovery lunch... Join us at the finish line for our rollicking race and recovery celebration. Each participant's race bib will have a tear-off section to be used as the lunch ticket. Choice of a hamburger or veggie burger plus chips, sports drink and a cookie. Additional meals can be purchased on race day for $10.

Half Marathon

Benefits of booking with Let's Do This
PriceTag

Best price guarantee

StarOutline

We're #1 in customer satisfaction -

Stay up-to-date
Get email updates about this event.
Be the first to review
How was the event?
Questions
Marcy Schulze
Marcy Schulze
10/08/2019
Thank you !! I guess I will be doing my first race!! Marcy :)… read more
Marcy Schulze
Marcy Schulze
04/08/2019
This will be my first half marathon and I'm not sure I will be able to run all of it. So I might be walking and I'm wondering is there a time limit? I believe I should be able to do a half marathon in about 3 1/2 hours. and will there still be support on the course. I haven't signed up yet because most races have time limits and I don't want to be alone if there is no support. Thank you Marcy… read more
Running Events in the United States
Running Events in the United States
Logistics and schedule

6:00-6:45am Pre-race Check-in for 50 Mile Ultra (for those runners who have

not picked up their packet already).Drop Bags for AS#5 (Adler Park)

and AS#7 (Wadsworth Road Canoe Launch) must be delivered

to the Base Area Collection spot adjacent to the starting line.

Look for the signs on race morning.

7:00am 50 Mile Start - wave strart, 3 min apart

7:00 - 7:45am Pre-race Check-in for Marathon (for those runners who have not picked up their packet already).

8:00am Marathon Start - wave start, 3 min apart

8:00 - 8:45am Pre-race Check-in for Half-Marathon (for those runners who have not picked up their packet already).

9:00am Half-Marathon Start - wave start. 3 min apart

10:30am Meals available

11:30am Half-Marathon Awards Available

12:30pm Marathon Awards Available

4:00pm 50 Mile Ultra Awards Available

6:30pm All race courses close

How to get there

Libertyville, IL, USA

Get directionsExternalLink
Ask a questionFrom what gear to use to the race course itself – Our community is here to help.
Marcy Schulze
Marcy Schulze
10/08/2019
Thank you !! I guess I will be doing my first race!! Marcy :)
Marcy Schulze
Marcy Schulze
04/08/2019
Steph Ede
Steph Ede
06/08/2019
Hi there. For the Half marathon there is no cut-off time. There are also 5 aid stations over the course of the Half Marathon route!! :)
Booking related questionsDo you have a question about bookings, cancellations, or refunds?
Half Marathon