Distances in this event
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 50mi
- Run 26.2mi
You may also like
- Freedom Frog Marathon31st Aug, Libertyville
- Alpine Races 41st Annual Half Marathon, 5k Run/Walk, Youth Mile and Kid's Fun Run15th Sep, Lake Zurich
- Alpine Races15th Sep, Lake Zurich
- Prairie State Half Marathon5th Oct, Long Grove
- Moraine Hills Run for the Hills28th Sep, McHenry
- Naperville Trails Half Marathon8th Sep, Wheaton
From the organizerOrganizer's website
Welcome to year 10 of the DPR Trail Half-Marathon, Marathon and 50 Mile Ultra Marathon along the beautiful and fast Des Plaines River Trail in Lake County, Illinois. This is a truly special running course. The DPR Trail is a wide, crushed gravel track, free of roots and rocks, and very flat. All of the major road crossings are managed by way of bridges or viaducts (with only 4 minor road crossings along the whole 50 Mile course, 2 on the Marathon course, and none for the Half-Marathon course). This is a great track through alternating lush forests and open wetlands. With cool temperatures expected, and given the flat terrain and ideal running surface, you'll find these to be extremely fast courses. Come out and join us for a great run!
Des Plaines River Trail Races reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Des Plaines River Trail Races?
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
- This will be my first half marathon and I'm not sure I will be able to run all of it. So I might be walking and I'm wondering is there a time limit? I believe I should be able to do a half marathon in about 3 1/2 hours. and will there still be support on the course. I haven't signed up yet because most races have time limits and I don't want to be alone if there is no support. Thank you MarcyHi there. For the Half marathon there is no cut-off time. There are also 5 aid stations over the course of the Half Marathon route!! :)