The course for the Drop13 is considered by most who run it the fastest Half Marathon in Utah.
This course starts near Solitude Ski Resort up Big Cottonwood Canyon and runs down over
3000 feet of elevation for 13.1 miles to Old Mill Shopping Center. There are some courses that
may have a slight steeper decline however many racers feel ours is faster in that it does not
require you to press the brakes as you run down. The downhill is gradual and fairly consistent.
The time of the year has historically been great for this race as well. Nice cool temps with
highs in the low 70's for the day.
How to enter the Drop 13 Half Marathon - 5K
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 5km
Drop 13 Half Marathon - 5K routes
The Drop13 Half Marathon starts just below Solitude Ski Resort on the road. The reason it starts on the road is based on the measurement being exactly 13.1 miles from the finish. This course is 100% downhill with 3000 feet of decline. This course has incredible views of pine trees and the stream is running high and fast due to the Spring run off. This course requires all runners to stay in the Westbound lane so cars can be shuttled up and down the East bound lane via police pilot cars. Stay to the right of the yellow lane line for your safety and it is the rules. Many feel that this is the fastest Half Marathon in Utah. We do know that we give out Personal Record medals to close to 50% of the runners for this event. Judge it for yourself.
Aid Stations are every two miles starting at Mile 2. Powerade, Water and bathrooms at each. Mile 8 has GU gels.
We are pleased to announce that in 2016 we changed the 5K to be a bused out start. Now you can Drop 3.1 from up in Big Cottonwood Canyon to the finish. This should greatly improve your 5K finish time. It has about 900 feet of decline.
Aid Station at 1.55 on the course. It will have a bathroom, water, and Powerade.
Questions & answers
- where do you pick up the packets on Friday for the Saturday race?Hey there, just to let you know you can pick up your race packets at At Wasatch Running Center 8946 South State Street Sandy. All the best!
- Where do I go to defer this race
Drop 13 Half Marathon - 5K weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Drop 13 Half Marathon - 5K reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Drop 13 Half Marathon - 5K?
You may also like
- Las Vegas St Patrick's Day Run14th Mar, Boulder City
- That Dam Run 13.1, 10K & 5K1st Mar, Greenwood Village4.7(5)
- All-Out Mardi Crawl Half Marathon, 10K, 5K & 1 Mile22nd Feb, Lakewood4.9(2)
- Dam U Half Marathon 5K & 10K19th Sep, Aurora
- Run Laughlin Half Marathon, 5K & 12K5th Dec, Laughlin4.8(13)
- Havasu Half Marathon & 5K4th Apr, Lake Havasu City