This is a run series designed for all women of different shapes, sizes, and fitness levels. F.A.T Girls run is a running group that is part of the Women’s Institute of Self Development and Efficacy, also known as WISE. We want to encourage everyone, especially women, that they can have a healthy lifestyle and be runners regardless of their fears, misconceptions, and doubts. Anyone can be a runner if they set their mind to it.
This run has been a dream of our Founder, Jennifer Sanchez, who wanted a healthier lifestyle and mind. As a result, she trained for and ran the Chicago Bank Of America Marathon back in 2018. She didn’t allow her weight on the scale stop her from running her first marathon. Thus, we want to change the perspective around the word fat and transform this hurtful and belittling word into a word of empowerment.
The F.A.T. acronym represents a woman who is fearless, authentic, and tenacious. We want all women who enroll in this virtual run to see themselves as F.A.T. We will also provide all our registrant’s support through a women’s running group on Facebook and via email to increase their chances of success.
All the women who register by July 15th will receive a medal and bib. Anyone that registers afterward will forfeit their chances of getting their goodies. On Aug 2nd we will live stream our opening ceremony at 8:00 a.m. c.s.t. and start our run afterward.
You will have 48 hours after the opening ceremony to submit your results.
Make sure you also join our FB group to keep up to date with the entire community
We are also raising funds to provide partial scholarships for women who want to enroll in our virtual WISE 12-week leadership and coaching program. Please consider making a small donation so that we can help continue empower women and give them the tools and techniques needed to have a more successful and happier life both at work and at home.
Note: Early Bird Prices will end June 30th. From July 1st, tickets will be:
Half Marathon: $49
How to enter the F.A.T. Girls Virtual Run
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 5km
- Run 10km
- Run 13.1mi
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.