Put on your green and celebrate the arrival of spring at our Florida Shamrock Halfathon, 10K and 5K, located at Fort De Soto Park, near St. Petersburg on Floridas beautiful west coast at the mouth of Tampa Bay. Fort De Sotos beaches are regularly recognized as one of the nations best.
Both our courses are located entirely in Fort De Soto Park, starting and finishing at the parks North Beach. These races will be run on paved access roads and recreational trails; no running on the beach.
How to enter the Florida Shamrock Distance Classic
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 10km
- Run 5km
Florida Shamrock Distance Classic routes
Both our courses are located entirely in Fort De Soto Park, starting and finishing at the park’s North Beach. These races will be run on paved access roads and recreational trails; no running on the beach.
They are extremely flat courses, with no bridges, overpasses, or discernible inclines. They are accurately measured and certified by the USATF.
The races starts are staggered, with a 5K loop that returns athletes to the start/finish area while the Halfathoners will continue on the 10-mile out-and-back tour of Fort De Soto Park. Post-race party begins when the 5K athletes arrive,
We require that runners and walkers be properly prepared and trained to finish the Halfathon within 4 hours (18 minute/mile pace). Please note that 4 hours after the start, course support ((i.e. aid/water stations, volunteers, course marshals, clocks, etc.) is not guaranteed. The 5k runners and walkers should be finished within the 4 hour time limit for the halfathon.
- Both races are staged entirely in Fort De Soto Park, recognized as one of the best beaches in the nation.
- The course features a loop for the first 3.1 miles of the race, bringing athletes back through the start line.
- The rest of the course is an extremely flat, out-and-back tour of Fort De Soto Park, mostly on paved recreational trails.
- With a start time about 30 minutes before sunrise to avoid warm weather, the first portion of the race will take place in the dawn.
- Sunrise should be directly ahead of our athletes before the turn-around at East Beach.
Both courses have been precisely measured and documentation provided according to USATF requirements, certifying our courses as accurately measured.
All official results will be based on “Gun Time” as per USATF rules. Chip times will be posted for our athletes’ review, but NOT used for scoring.
Florida Shamrock Distance Classic weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Florida Shamrock Distance Classic reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Florida Shamrock Distance Classic?
You may also like
- St. Petersburg Distance Classic9th Feb, St. Petersburg
- Publix Florida Marathon2nd Feb, Melbourne
- USA Beach Running Championship 10K & Half Marathon29th Mar, Cocoa Beach
- Life Time Miami Marathon and Half Marathon9th Feb, Miami
- 305 Half Marathon & 5k1st Mar, Miami Beach
- Orange Blossom Half Marathon7th Mar, Haines City