How to enter the Frederick Running Festival
- Run 16.2mi
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 5km
- Run 0.25mi
- Run 13.1mi
Frederick Running Festival routes
The course will remain open for 3 hours and 16 minutes, closing on a continuous pace of 14:57 minutes per mile. If you are unable to maintain this pace, please e-mail us immediately at [email protected] to work out a solution for you. You may be asked to move off the course and continue as a pedestrian as the course must reopens to traffic. We will have 7 aid stations on the course, each stocked with water and Gatorade. Select locations will also offer fruit, salty snacks, and various flavored GU. Each aid station will have at least one port-a-pot and a SELF HELP Kit with basic runner amenities.
The following items are not permitted on the course: pets, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, baby joggers, and any other type of vehicle (other than official race vehicles). These regulations are for your safety and the safety of the other participants in the race. Corrigan Sports reserves the right to disqualify and remove anyone from the course who has any of the above items. Headphones are strongly discouraged, and will make you ineligible for overall awards.
The Team Relay is open to participants at least 14 years of age on race day. The course will remain open for 3 hours and 16 minutes, closing on a continuous pace of 14:57 minutes per mile. If you are unable to maintain this pace, you will be asked to move off of the course and continue as a pedestrian after the course reopens to traffic.
The following items are not permitted on the course: pets, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, baby joggers, and any other type of vehicle (other than official race vehicles). These regulations are for your safety and the safety of the other participants in the race. Corrigan Sports reserves the right to disqualify and remove anyone from the course who has any of the above items.
- Leg 1 (7.6 mi) - Start at the fairgrounds and end at Hood College
- Leg 2 (5.5 mi) - Start at Hood College and end at the fairgrounds
- Start on the Fairground Track, at the corner of the grandstand
- Run clockwise around the track
- Exit the fairgrounds at Gate 3, turning left onto Monroe Avenue
- Continue on Hughes Ford Road
- Turn left on Monacacy Blvd
- Tunaround on Monacacy Blvd just before Church St
- Continue back down Monacacy Blvd
- Turn right on Hughes Ford Road
- Continue on Monroe Avenue
- Enter the Fairgrounds at Gate 3
- Proceed clockwise around the track, finishing on the track in front of the grandstands
Kids Fun Run:
The Kids Fun Run will be held on Saturday, May 2nd, on the Frederick Fairgrounds track. Prior to the race, all participants must pick up their race number. This can be done at the EXPO on race day in Building 13 between 10am-4:30pm. Participants should stage with their age group in the Kids Zone located in the infield near the inflatable games. Groups will begin to walk to their respective start-line 15 minutes prior to the start of the race. There will be two separate distances in the Kids Fun Run (see below).
Nut Job Challenge
Over the years, we have learned that some of our participants are certifiably nuts! Many of you can’t get enough running and are always looking for the next challenge. Well, now we have just the thing for you! We are proud to announce the 6th Annual Frederick Nut Job Challenge. Runners who complete both the half marathon on Sunday and The Twilight 5K on Saturday will receive a special Nut Job race bib valid for both events AND earn an exclusive Nut Job medal in addition to the half marathon and 5K medals. Medals will be distributed following the completion of the half marathon. Your special bib will help our volunteers and eveyone else identify you as a Nut Job (and let them know to run the other way… very quickly!)
Frederick Running Festival weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Frederick Running Festival reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Frederick Running Festival?
You may also like
- Delaware Marathon26th Apr, Wilmington
- Ragnar Trail Appalachians – WV31st Jul, Bruceton Mills
- Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon17th Oct, Kings County
- TCRR’s Twilight Delightfully Different 3.5 Miler13th Jun, Petersburg
- Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K16th May, Cleveland5(1)
- Tar Heel 10 Mile & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run18th Apr, Chapel Hill