See any improvements? Be the first to make this page better.
How to enter the The Hoover Dam Marathon
- Run 10km
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 5km
- Run 42.2km
- Run 42.2km
The Hoover Dam Marathon routes
18 miles away from Las Vegas, this race provides stunning views, including over Lake Mead, which is the USA's largest man-made lake. Running through the National Recreation Area, you'll take in some historic sites along the way.
Starting at Boulder Beach on Lake Mead, you start gradually uphill before turning onto the paved River Mountains Loop Trail. You then undulate through the stunning Mojave Desert, and at mile 3 you join the historic Railroad Tunnel Trail. On the dirt track, you'll pass through 3 of the 6 tunnels used in the 1930s during the building of the Hoover Dam. The ridge looks down over the Lake and marina. After passing the power plants, you witness the race's highlight, as 6 switch-backs lead you down to the upper level parking garage at Hoover dam. You will have incredible views over the Hoover Dam and Bypass Bridge. You then retrace your steps all the way back, and then at Boulder Beach there is an extra 0.6-mile out-and-back section before finishing.
- Half Marathon runners do 1 lap of this course
- Marathon runners to 2 laps of this course
- 10k runners do an out-and-back route along this course
- 5k runners do an out-and-back route along this course
The Hoover Dam Marathon weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
Meet the organiser
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
The Hoover Dam Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Hoover Dam Marathon?
You may also like
- Encinitas Turkey Trot26th Nov, Encinitas5(2)
- Spartan Trail - SoCal Half Marathon & 10k25th Oct, Lebec
- Aloha Run – San Diego11th Oct, San Diego5(1)
- Surfers Point Marathon, Half, 10k & 5k - Virtual8th Nov, Ventura4.1(4)
- Catalina Island Half Marathon & 10K14th Nov, Avalon
- Spartan Trail - San Luis Obispo Trail Half Marathon & 10K15th Nov, Santa Margarita
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.