How to enter the The Hoover Dam Marathon
- Run 10km
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 5km
- Run 42.2km
- Run 42.2km
The Hoover Dam Marathon routes
18 miles away from Las Vegas, this race provides stunning views, including over Lake Mead, which is the USA's largest man-made lake. Running through the National Recreation Area, you'll take in some historic sites along the way.
Starting at Boulder Beach on Lake Mead, you start gradually uphill before turning onto the paved River Mountains Loop Trail. You then undulate through the stunning Mojave Desert, and at mile 3 you join the historic Railroad Tunnel Trail. On the dirt track, you'll pass through 3 of the 6 tunnels used in the 1930s during the building of the Hoover Dam. The ridge looks down over the Lake and marina. After passing the power plants, you witness the race's highlight, as 6 switch-backs lead you down to the upper level parking garage at Hoover dam. You will have incredible views over the Hoover Dam and Bypass Bridge. You then retrace your steps all the way back, and then at Boulder Beach there is an extra 0.6-mile out-and-back section before finishing.
- Half Marathon runners do 1 lap of this course
- Marathon runners to 2 laps of this course
- 10k runners do an out-and-back route along this course
- 5k runners do an out-and-back route along this course
The Hoover Dam Marathon weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
The Hoover Dam Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Hoover Dam Marathon?
You may also like
- Redondo Beach 10k2nd Feb 2020, Redondo Beach
- Run at the Park 5K - 10K - Fun Run20th Sep 2020, Rancho Cucamonga
- Newport-Mesa Spirit Run Mile1st Mar 2020, Newport Beach
- Anaheim Semper 5K & 10K Run16th May 2020, Anaheim
- Angalls & Demens 5K/10K Trail Run28th Mar 2020, Rancho Cucamonga
- Encinitas Turkey Trot26th Nov 2020, Encinitas