A warm evening start for a cool race finish!
With an early evening start time this half marathon will start in the warm dusk with September temperatures cooling down as the evening goes on. There will be a full moon and contestants should finish before dark but headlamps are strongly advised. Aid stations will be managed by happy friendly volunteers who will encourage you along the way.
How to enter the Horsethief Canyon Trail Half Marathon
- Run 13.1mi
Horsethief Canyon Trail Half Marathon route
The course is an out-and-back on a dirt Fire Road - mostly uphill until the turnaround then mostly downhill back to the Finish. A great course to come out and run a negative split! The fire road is very wide, and not very technical, footing will be good no matter what the weather brings. A volunteer will be taking numbers at the turnaround to verify you made it
This race course is located in the Pine Creek Wilderness with permissions granted by the U.S.F.S. so be sure to respect the course and the surrounding lands.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Horsethief Canyon Trail Half Marathon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Horsethief Canyon Trail Half Marathon reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Horsethief Canyon Trail Half Marathon?
You may also like
- San Diego Beach & Bay Half Marathon, 5K & 10K18th Apr 2020, San Diego4.2(2)
- Kaiser Permanente Thrive Half Marathon & 5K2nd Nov, San Diego
- SDCCU OC Marathon3rd May 2020, Newport Beach
- San Diego Resolution Run 5k, 10k & Half Marathon11th Jan 2020, San Diego3.8(3)
- USA Women's Marathon & Half Marathon23rd Nov, Palm Desert
- Surf City Marathon and Half Marathon2nd Feb 2020, Huntington Beach5(1)