This event is live now
Take on the 49er challenge, and run one of a 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon each weekend in July for a total of 49 miles! All runners who conquer the 49er Challenge will get a shirt, race woodallion, technical trucker hat, and a buff!
Runners can participate & complete their chosen distance each weekend in July, and submit their distances as they complete their runs.
Participation also includes access to the virtual summer season of Run Club (5/16-7/26). Access includes training schedules, weekly email newsletters, a private Facebook group to connect with your coaches/teammates, Zoom happy hours with special guests, virtual running challenges, and more.
How to enter the I Left my Heart in San F(run)cisco 49er Challenge
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your results during the event time window.
- Run 49miBooked 4 times this week
How to complete the total distance
Complete the total distance anywhere you like, in as many sections as you like.
Simply record your activities and submit your results as you go. Each time you submit a result, the distance you've done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community