The race begins with a beautiful sunrise and a running start over the sandy beaches of Fort Lauderdale. Spectators can enjoy watching the start of this race along the beach. Swimmers typically enjoy a wetsuit legal swim in the cool salt waters off of the Atlantic ocean. After conquering the sprint (500 meters) or international (1000 meters) swim distance, athletes will transition to their bikes.
The Las Olas Triathlon has an improved bike course this year, taking the athletes along Floridas state road, A1A and through Hugh Birch State Park. Here, athletes can view four protected natural areas; mangroves, hammocks, beach & coastal dune systems. The park straddles the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean, giving the athlete a beautiful view of million dollar homes and spectacular yachts. Sprint athletes will complete 11.5 miles on the bike and athletes competing in the international distance will ride 20 miles. After completing this beautiful ride, athletes will transition to the run.
Runners will experience an improved course this year along A1As beautiful backdrop. Runners will pass each other along the course, giving these competitors great energy to get to the finish line. Spectators can enjoy the race from the many cafes & restaurants that line the course. The sprint (3.1 miles) and international (6.2 miles) athletes typically enjoy mild temperatures for Florida this time of year, making it an experience not to be missed.
How to enter the Las Olas International Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.5km, Bike 40km, Run 10km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 20km, Run 5km
- Duathlon: Run 1mi, Bike 11.5mi, Run 3.1mi
- Other: Swim 0.62mi, Bike 19mi
Las Olas International Triathlon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Las Olas International Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Las Olas International Triathlon?
You may also like
- Speedway Triathlon23rd May 2020, Homestead
- Huntingtons Disease Triathlon Duathlon23rd Feb 2020, Miami
- Ponte Vedra Triathlon Spring31st May 2020, Ponte Vedra Beach
- Heartland Triathlon14th Jun 2020, Sebring
- Key Largo Triathlon Summer30th Aug 2020, Key Largo
- Game On Key Largo Triathlon Spring3rd May 2020, Key Largo