The Lookout Mountain trail races begin high atop the mountain at the spectacular Covenant College campus. The course offers a variety of challenging climbs, highly runnable sections and moderate descents on predominantly single track trails. The 50 and 18 mile races travel together until the end of the 18 and other than a mile or so at the beginning to thin the field out, there are no roads. Runners traverse beautifully diverse ecosystems in the scenic and historic Chattanooga National Military Park, the first national military park in the country and passes directly above Craven’s House and the Battle Above the Clouds, one of the most decisive battle sites in the Civil War. The course continues on spectacular trails along Lookout Creek to the bottom of the only significant climb of the day. Ending the race for the 18 milers back at Covenant College.
How to enter the Lookout Mountain 50 Miler
- Run 50mi
- Run 18mi
- Run 10km
Lookout Mountain 50 Miler weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Lookout Mountain 50 Miler reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Lookout Mountain 50 Miler?
You may also like
- Pilot Mountain to Hanging Rock Ultra10th Oct, Danbury
- Spartan Trail - Fayetteville28th Jun, Spring Lake
- Spartan Trail Virginia8th Nov, Arrington
- Ragnar Trail Appalachians – WV31st Jul, Bruceton Mills
- Mohican 100 Mile, 50 Mile and Marathon Runs20th Jun, Loudonville
- Summer Sasquatch Trail Runs6th Jun, Lore City