Borrowing from our past, Moonlight Madness was the name of the original Desert Dash trail race over 10 years ago, and we're excited to resurrect the name for a half marathon under the sky of a full moon in beautiful Cottoonwood Valley.
Join us for our inaugural running of this blast-from-the-past, limited to just 150 entries. Moonlight Madness is a fast race course taking place on the mildly- to moderately-technical trails of the south side of Cottonwood Valley in the Red Rock NCA on trails such as Dead Horse Loop and Satan's Escalator.
How to enter the Moonlight Madness
- Run 13.1miStandard Entries
Moonlight Madness route
13.1 miles, 1550 ft of vertical climb
The Half Marathon starts along Badger Pass Loop before cutting across to a steady climb up Dead Horse Loop to Satan's Escalator (a short, tough climb). The reward after several miles of climbing is some very fast, non-technical trail leading to stunning views of the Las Vegas Strip from the Wilson Tank overlook, followed by returning down Dead Horse Loop and Red Canyon/3-Mile Smile back to the finish.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Moonlight Madness weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
Moonlight Madness reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Moonlight Madness?
You may also like
- Run Laughlin Half Marathon, 5K & 12K7th Dec, Laughlin4.9(7)
- USA Women's Marathon & Half Marathon23rd Nov, Palm Desert
- Holiday Half Marathon & 5K Ugly Sweater Run15th Dec, Pomona4.7(3)
- Lexus LaceUp Running Series – Riverside8th Dec, Riverside
- New Balance Palm Desert Half Marathon & 5k9th Feb 2020, Palm Desert
- Surf City Marathon and Half Marathon2nd Feb 2020, Huntington Beach5(1)