Each year in the fall, runners of all ages gather for the annual Run for the Hills 5K, 10K and half marathon in Moraine Hills State Park. With about two weeks before the Chicago Marathon, this is a great training race. Check out the beautifully marked trails in the weeks or months ahead of time, and tell your friends. Walkers welcome on the 5K & 10K!
How to enter the Moraine Hills Run for the Hills
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 10km
- Run 5km
Moraine Hills Run for the Hills routes
10K: 6.2 miles on the Lake Defiance and Leatherleaf Bog Trails. Lovely!
Half Marathon: The 10K and half-marathon runners will run the same course for the first 6 miles, then the half-marathoners will run out to complete ONE loop of the McHenry Dam trail, then out and back on the River Road bike trail, and on to finish at Northern Woods. Stunning views!
As always, there will be abundant signage and knowledgeable course marshals to direct you at all key intersections and turns.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Moraine Hills Run for the Hills weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Moraine Hills Run for the Hills reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Moraine Hills Run for the Hills?
You may also like
- Strider Half Marathon29th Aug 2020, Shorewood
- First Call29th Mar 2020, Waukesha
- Santa Hustle Indianapolis15th Dec, Indianapolis
- Santa Hustle Cedar Point Half Marathon & 5K8th Dec, Sandusky
- Schaumburg Half Marathon & 5k Turkey Trot30th Nov, Rolling Meadows
- A Pot of Gold Shared Half Marathon and 5K28th Mar 2020, University Park