Pawling continues the tradition of triathlon spirit in it’s 32nd consecutive year. Offering both scenic views and a vibrant community charm, this is a race to add to any summer circuit for both a beginner and seasoned triathlete.
How to enter the Pawling Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 20km, Run 5km
Pawling Triathlon route
wave 1 = 1-100
wave 2 = 101-200 (3 minute delay)
wave 3 = 201-300 (6 minute delay)
wave 4 = 301-400 (9 minute delay)
wave 5 = 401-500 (12 minute delay)
wave 6 = 501-600 (15 minute delay)
- Competitors must wear the official swim cap provided at check-in.
- Competitors will have their left shoulder and left calf marked with their bib number.
- You must notify a race official IMMEDIATELY and turn in your timing chip if you do not complete the swim.
- Wet suits are allowed.
BIKE: The bike course of 12 miles is out and back on the same roads. Make a sharp left turn on to W. Dover Road after leaving park. Continue on W. Dover road for 5.5 miles until Hoags Corner Road. SLOW down and make a U-turn around the traffic cones and head back the same way to the park. SLOW Down and make a SHARP right hand turn when returning to Park and stay to the Extreme RIGHT (to avoid bikes just leaving park).
- While biking, you must stay to the Right of the road at all times so as to allow free flow of traffic (cars and bicycles).
- It is your responsibility to know and stay on the course at all times.
- Each contestant is individually responsible for repair and maintenance of their bike.
- Contestants must follow instructions of race officials and public authorities and must obey all traffic laws.
DRAFTING RULES: You must maintain a distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you! You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a TWO minute penalty for each violation. Riding alongside another biker will also result in a 2 minute penalty.
Pack Riding/Drafting is a Serious Violation of the Rules of the Pawling Triathlon! You can file an official complaint regarding "drafters" by noting their race number(s)! A competitor who has three "drafting reports" filed against him/her will automatically receive a two minute penalty for each infraction.
HELMETS: A bicycling helmet must be positively secured with chin strap before leaving the transition area and it must remain buckled/secured until you dismount your bike. Riding without a helmet will result in immediate disqualification! Helmets must be ANSI, USCF or SNELL approved.
RUN: The run course of 3 miles is one loop around the Village of Pawling. The roads throughout the run and bike course will be OPEN to the normal flow of traffic. You must obey traffic rules at ALL times! While on the run course you MUST run WITH the direction of traffic and stay on the RIGHT shoulder of the road at ALL times. You will be penalized 4 minutes if you interfere with the normal flow of traffic.
Pawling Triathlon weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
Pawling Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Pawling Triathlon?