The Rochester Athletic Club has partnered with Let's Do This to power the RAC Virtual Running Challenge, a summer long series to keep you active and motivated while real-life events are on-hold.
Perfect for beginners and veteran runners alike, simply choose your distance and make sure to run, record, and upload your results within 48 hours of each event's start time! Don't forget to include an epic finisher's photo.
Never done this before? Need a little help? Training plans are available for an additional charge. Email [email protected] if interested in having a training plan created for you, or having a personal coach guide you through your summer challenge.
Prizes: Depending on the number of eligible entries, prizes will be awarded to
• Those completing a specific distance for the first time ever!
• Those who choose to do all four event dates
• Those who do all 3 race distances
• Each participant will be entered into a random drawing for each event date
Celebration run: September 12th. If social distancing guidelines lift, we will celebrate our summer success with a group run of any distance from the RAC. This will be a chance to meet up with other runners who met their fitness challenge during this unprecedented pandemic. If you haven’t already, this will also be the time to pick up your prizes.
Choose your event
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you run further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.