All registration proceeds will go towards supporting the work of Doctors Without Borders.
- All participants will receive an exclusive Rice Run medal.
- Register by August 30 to receive your medal during the race! After this date, medals will be shipped after the race and may take up to four weeks to ship. Shipping only to the US and Canada.
- Registration ends September 27.
- First place male and female runners in the 5K and endurance challenge will receive AFIA’s Balikbayan Hoodie! Verified results only (5K: Fastest time wins, Endurance Challenge: First to 1000k or next wins!)
- You will have from October 4 to October 18, 2020 to complete your run.
- Submit your run results with proof and upload a post-race selfie to the leaderboards!
- Stay safe, and good luck!
How to enter the Rice Run 5K: Virtual Run
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your results during the event time window.
- Run 5km
- Run 1,000km
How to complete the total distance
Complete the total distance anywhere you like, in as many sections as you like.
Simply record your activities and submit your results as you go. Each time you submit a result, the distance you've done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community