This event is live now
Take the Bicycle Sundays Challenge and #StandUpForParks with us this summer!
Sign up for a run, hike, or bike challenge and track your progress towards your goal. Ride, run and hike in any of Westchester's beautiful parks, or anywhere else you like. Our virtual challenge allows you to achieve your goal in one day or a little at a time - and always at your own pace.
In the month of September, join us on one of the Bicycle Sundays (date to be announced – late September) when participants can gather with us to get their Parkster prizes for completing the challenge and helping us fundraise to #StandUpForParks!
This is a great program for kids and adults of all ages and ability levels. It's also a great way to team up with the Westchester Parks Foundation - a not for profit foundation that works with the Westchester Parks Department to run great parks-based programs and enhance our county's beautiful parks through investment, volunteerism and more!
Join as we #StandUpForParks this summer and support your favorite programs, parks, trails, and open spaces here in Westchester!
How to enter the Run, Hike, or Pedal for Parks!
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your results during the event time window.
- Run 13.1mi
- Bike 13.1mi
- Hike 13.1mi
- Run 26.2mi
- Bike 100mi
- Hike 26.2mi
How to complete the total distance
Complete the total distance anywhere you like, in as many sections as you like.
Simply record your activities and submit your results as you go. Each time you submit a result, the distance you've done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community