The challenge is simple : Pick one of the distance options and you have the entire month to run or walk those miles. Feeling adventurous? Go for the 100 mile in one month challenge, just a bit more than 3.1 miles a day. Or go for the 25 mile challenge, which equals out to one mile a day, with five rest days. All of this is inspired by 'streaking' which is running in consecutive days, these challenges will push you, but you won't be alone. You'll be together with the Newberg community again as each day runners can log their miles and pictures in an effort of showing support.
And of course one of the highlights of this event is the "Run Newberg" race shirt, which will be mailed to you!
All proceeds from Run Newberg will go towards Newberg FISH, Newberg's Food Bank. As you can imagine, 2020 has seen a huge increase in need at Newberg FISH and they need our support. Newberg FISH serves over 2,000 people every month and that number could increase in the near future.
About Run for More : RFM is about committing to run for more than just yourself. Please don't get us wrong, we fully believe running possesses extreme personal benefits that are good for all and those should all stay with you. But when you are ready to add more purpose to your daily/weekly/monthly run, that is where RFM fits in.
How to enter the Run Newberg. A Benefit for Newberg FISH, Newberg's Food Bank
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your results during the event time window.
- Run 100mi
- Run 50mi
- Run 25mi
- Run 10mi
How to complete the total distance
Complete the total distance anywhere you like, in as many sections as you like.
Simply record your activities and submit your results as you go. Each time you submit a result, the distance you've done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community