Distances in this event
- Run 10km
Spartan Trail Monterey route
Ready for an off-road challenge? Welcome to Spartan Trail. No man-made obstacles here. Just you, the great outdoors and the open trail. Compete, have fun, meet new friends and explore America’s wilderness over a 10k distance.
Located only six miles from downtown Salinas near the town of Monterey, this trail race takes place in Toro Park - a vast, sprawling venue covering almost 5,000 acres. With punishing hills, fields and prairies as well as many picturesque wooded areas, it’s easy to understand why this venue is a favorite amongst Spartans.
With miles of different trail routes, the race directors will be sure to take full advantage of variety and unleash a hailstorm of twists and turns.
The magnificent views from on top of the many peaks are (almost) worthy of a quick rest to appreciate the stunning sight of the outlying Northern California mountains. The weather can be deceptively warm without humidity, so remember to hydrate well for the dry and dusty peaks. Be sure to look out for the local wildlife as Toro Park is teeming with critters watching you sprint to the next hill.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Monterey and Salinas are both within short driving distance so Spartans have the choice of where to entertain themselves with some wonderful sights and sounds. There’s also a nice selection of restaurants to carb-up before the race, or celebrate afterwards.
2. For the motorsport enthusiast, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is a must. Located less than seven miles away, why not visit this famous race track once you have completed your race?
3. Cannery Row, the historic waterfront district, is a popular destination for shoppers, diners and visitors of Monterey.
4. The Monterey County Fair and Event Center is a great place to catch some entertainment. With a fair or event happening almost all the time, it’s definitely worth checking their website for things to do.
5. If you want to hit the beach, Monterey State beach is your destination for rest and relaxation. Miles of sand make up the beautiful coastline. Take it all in.
6. Downtown Monterey is a bustling metropolis of live music, bars, restaurants and other things to do. Once you’ve conquered the race, celebrate in style with fellow racers into the night.
- Finisher’s medal
From the organizer
Spartan are ranked #31 in the UK out of 506 organizers
Spartan Trail is a no-obstacles foot race through rugged wilderness, overseen by legendary race directors from the world of trail running. With a 10k (6.2 mile) race at all events and a Half Marathon (13.1 mile) at select locations, theres a Spartan Trail for everyone.
Spartan Trail Monterey weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Spartan Trail Monterey reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Spartan Trail Monterey?
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.