Spartan Trail is a no-obstacles foot race through rugged wilderness, overseen by legendary race directors from the world of trail running. With a 10k (6.2 mile) race at all events and a Half Marathon (13.1 mile) at select locations, theres a Spartan Trail for everyone.
How to enter the Spartan Trail - Tahoe
- Run 10km
Spartan Trail - Tahoe route
Ready for an off-road challenge? Welcome to Spartan Trail. No man-made obstacles here. Just you, the great outdoors and the open trail. Compete, have fun, meet new friends and explore America’s wilderness over a 10k distance.
Located a short ride from Lake Tahoe, this epic venue was once host to the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. Join us for the most epic trail race in North Lake Tahoe, Olympic Village, CA!
The Village at Squaw Valley is a year-round destination in the heart of Squaw Valley. This European-inspired Village features over 40 bars, restaurants, galleries and boutiques, including a yoga studio and day spa. Condominium style suites are conveniently located for access to four season adventure including Aerial Tram rides to High Camp at 8200 feet, overlooking Lake Tahoe. Visit www.squawalpine.com to learn more.
To do well, runners will need to prepare for the thin air as heights reach over 9,000 feet of elevation. Lake Tahoe is one of Northern California’s premier destinations and draws a healthy crowd year-round for its spectacular skiing, water sports, and outdoor activities. With 72 miles of shoreline straddling the California-Nevada state line, there’s always somewhere new to explore and plenty of terrain for Spartans to roam. The most popular areas to visit include the more nature-oriented North Tahoe, or the party scene of South Tahoe. Or you can do it all -- visitors can travel around the lake in under 90 minutes.
Spartans are in for an intense trail race full of twists, turns, slopes and stunning views. Come prepared.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Elevation is one of the most defining elements of the Tahoe venue, starting at a surface elevation of 6,224 feet and working upwards of 9,000 feet only means one thing: get those lungs and quads ready for the long haul.
2. Cozy cabins are a plenty. Just make sure you book one early so you can be as close to all the action as possible.
3. Grover Hot Springs: Drive South to Markleeville and soak in a natural thermal hot springs. Your leg muscles will thank us for this recommendation.
4. Kayak to Fannette Island: The small island in Emerald Bay is the only island in Lake Tahoe and is worth a kayak trip. At the top is the remnant of an old “tea house.”
5. Bike the 165-mile Tahoe Rim Trail or at least part of it for extended adventure off the course. Chances are you'll only want to bike a section of the route as part of your active recovery.
6. Take to the skies and launch out from Slide Mountain on a powered hang glider. The view of Tahoe is hard to beat and you get to wear a "stylish" blue jumpsuit.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Spartan Trail - Tahoe weather forecast
Possible light rain starting in the afternoon.
Meet the organizer
Spartan are ranked #31 in the UK out of 532 organizers
Spartan Trail - Tahoe reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Spartan Trail - Tahoe?