Spartan Trail is a no-obstacles foot race through rugged wilderness, overseen by legendary race directors from the world of trail running. With a 10k (6.2 mile) race at all events and a Half Marathon (13.1 mile) at select locations, theres a Spartan Trail for everyone.
How to enter the Spartan Trail - Tri-State New Jersey
- Run 10km
- Run 21km
Spartan Trail - Tri-State New Jersey routes
Ready for an off-road challenge? Welcome to Spartan Trail. No man-made obstacles here. Just you, the great outdoors and the open trail. Compete, have fun, meet new friends and explore America’s wilderness over a 10k and 21k distance.
Spartan Trail and mountainous terrain go hand-in-hand. Luckily, for Spartans of the Northeast there’s Mountain Creek -- home to the largest ski mountain in New Jersey. Discover what it means to be a Spartan and meet others as you battle toward one common goal: the finish line.
As is par for mountain Trail courses, you’ll be sent up and down -- a lot -- thankfully there’s the reward of a view from the outstanding heights. Come prepared for the unexpected in the weather department… mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Spartans always come prepared. If this if your first time on a Spartan course don’t underestimate how long you’ll be out there. Be sure to bring enough to fuel you through the course. Some things are certain: there will be steep hills, there will be rocky terrain, and there will be stunning views from the summit. No one wants to be out of breath by the second mile and that’s why it’s wise to train hard, train well and know how to pace yourself with each and every step.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Vernon Peak has 1,040 feet of vertical, with a base of 440 feet and a summit elevation of 1,480 feet with plenty of room to go up and then back down countless times.
2. Treat yourself to some extra time to sleep in by staying onsite at Mountain Creek. The Appalachian and Black Creek Sanctuary are both good options.
3. Looking for some craft beer and craft food for your post race delight? Check out Eddie’s Roadhouse nearby in Warwick, NJ.
4. Still looking for more action? You can get another kind of adrenaline rush at Zoom Ziplines.
5. Check out TreEscape a NEW and unique rope course that is sure to provide an exhilarating outdoors adventure for everyone.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Spartan Trail - Tri-State New Jersey weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Spartan are ranked #31 in the UK out of 510 organizers
Spartan Trail - Tri-State New Jersey reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Spartan Trail - Tri-State New Jersey?