Take on your distance of choice with music and performance groups along the course to keep you motivated. Enjoy the UNC Campus & Chapel Hill scenery and take on the Double Down Challenge to earn a bonus medal. Come for the community-building event and free t-shirt.
How to enter the Tar Heel 10 Mile & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run
- Run 10mi
- Run 4mi
- Run 14mi
Tar Heel 10 Mile & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run routes
Tar Heel 10 Miler:
- This landmark running event showcases UNC Campus & Chapel Hill from every angle.
- The race starts on South Rd on the campus of the University of North Carolina and goes through downtown Chapel Hill as well as several gorgeous residential neighborhoods.
- The course has lots of flat, fast sections particularly along Franklin & Cameron.
- The route will take runners through the historic Rosemary district and downtown Chapel Hill.
- The run will finish at Kenan Memorial Football Stadium.
Fleet Feet 4 Miler:
- The 4 Mile Run course starts at the Bell Tower then takes South Rd westbound to Columbia Street and up to W. Cameron Avenue.
- After a beautiful run down tree-lined W. Cameron Ave, runners make their way to W. Franklin Street via Graham Street where they can take in the vibe and scenery of downtown Chapel Hill.
- Runners head down E. Cameron Avenue via Columbia Street to run past the Old Well.
- This is followed by loop through the beautiful Gimghoul neighborhood then, finally, an exhilarating downhill dash on Ridge Rd to the finish line alongside Kenan Stadium.
Double Down 14 Miler:
- The Double Down contenders start with the Fleet 4 Milers, run the course with them and through their finish line into the Double Down Chute before running through the Tar Heel 10 Miler starting line before 08:00 and off with the 10 Milers through to their finish line.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be pacers?
Yes there will be pacers on the day.
Is there a time limit?
Runners are required to maintain a pace of 15 minutes per mile
Are strollers allowed on the course?
No strollers are allowed on the course
What kind of hydration / food will be available on the course?
We always provide water at each of our aid stations. There is also usually sports drink and some aid stations may also provide an energy gel or Gu.
Where will the results be posted?
The results will be posted shortly after the race here: https://capstoneraces.com/tar-heel-10-miler/results-and-photos/
Have a question? Get answers from our team.
Tar Heel 10 Mile & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
With a portfolio of races serving 110,000 runners annually, Capstone Races is the premier running series in North America. We help you become the best version of yourself. What are your fitness goals? We help you achieve them.
Tar Heel 10 Mile & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Tar Heel 10 Mile & Fleet Feet 4 Mile Run?