RACE AND PRIZE INFORMATION
Wake up from your cat nap, get up on your paws, run like a tiger and support our cause! Participate in our virtual 5k fundraiser set for August 8th, 2020. Proceeds from the event will go to The SWW at Francis Stevens Athletics and The National Center for Children and Families.
The first 50 registrants receive a discounted rate of $20.00. Standard registration is $25.00. All participants receive a commemorative t-shirt and racing bib (register by July 19 to guarantee receipt of your t-shirt before the virtual event.) Medals will be awarded to the first place finishers in the respective age groups.
Please select the relevant t-shirt size for you. T-shirts are uni-sex and made from 50% cotton and 50% polyester.
***Follow us on Twitter (@WallsAtFrancis), Instagram (@wallsatfrancis), or Facebook (School Without Walls at Francis-Stevens) for a chance to win additional prizes to include Vooray bags, stainless steel water bottles, gift cards and more.***
YOUR REGISTRATION FEE AND DONATIONS BENEFIT
The SWW at Francis Stevens Athletics -
The vision of SWW at Francis Stevens Athletics is to create a positive experience that inspires our athletes to improve their game, encourage their teammates, and uplift their community. In order to sustain a safe and positive environment, we aim to eliminate financial barriers to sport participation, provide necessary equipment/uniforms, and offer continuing education to our coaching staff. We strive to prepare our students to become productive global citizens through our core values of teamwork, integrity, grit, equity, responsibility, and spirit.
The National Center for Children and Families -
The National Center for Children and Families (NCCF) has earned its reputation as a trusted and recognized champion of the community and its most vulnerable members by providing the love, structure, and education found in healthy families and responsive communities. It is the mission of the NCCF to create total, healthy living environments for vulnerable children, youth and families, and the quality of life which empowers their ability to thrive and demonstrate responsibility. We seek to carry out this mission by utilizing a four-pronged approach to our work in the Washington metropolitan area: community supports, education and training, volunteerism, and social advocacy.
Thank you for your participation. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for your support. Now get out there and run as if a tiger is chasing you!
Result submission will be open August 8th-9th. Only verified times will be eligible for age group medals.
How to enter the The SWW at Francis Stevens Tiger Athletics Virtual 5K
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 5km
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.