Every March, sometime around the first day of spring and St. Patty's Day, the Turkey Vultures return to Ely after a relaxing winter in South America. Dust off your running shoes and join us in a 5K run/walk in honor of these unique birds! The route takes you past the Ely City Cemetery where you can catch a glimpse of the Turkey Vultures stretching and warming their wings in the cottonwood trees!
How to enter the Turkey Vulture Stretch
- Run 5km
Turkey Vulture Stretch route
The route has changed and it is now a counter-clockwise loop course. All participants will start on Clark Street near the Duck Pond. You will run up Campton St, left on Orson, left on Aultman St., left on Mill St., left on 2nd, left on Murry St., right on Campton St., left on 7th, right on Clark St. to the finish line. On Aultman St, all participants must stay to the left of the cones.
Turkey Vulture Stretch weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Turkey Vulture Stretch reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Turkey Vulture Stretch?
You may also like
- Lake Tahoe Marathon9th Oct, South Lake Tahoe
- Lederhosen 5K19th Sep, Olympic Valley
- Run Laughlin Half Marathon, 5K & 12K5th Dec, Laughlin4.8(13)
- XTERRA Lake Tahoe 5K, 10K, Triathlon, Sprint, Duathlon & Aquabike15th Aug, Incline Village
- Truckee Half Marathon1st Aug, Truckee
- Great Trail Race4th Oct, Truckee