The Vermont 50
The Vermont 50
Not quite ready to book?
Save this event for later and come back to it when you're ready.
50 Miles - MTB Race, 50 Mile and 50K
Sun, Sep 29, 2019
West Windsor, United States
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get 5% if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Sunday, Sep 29, 2019
About 2/3 (67%) of the 50 Mile course is on trails or jeep (unimproved) roads. 30% is on smooth, rolling gravel roads and 3% is on pavement. It is a challenging course, with good footing/traction, plenty of hills and classic Vermont scenery that will be a welcome distraction. The total vertical elevation for the 50 Mile race is about 8,900 feet. Categories include: Novice – entry level or first time competitor, Sport – intermediate competitor and Expert – very advanced competitor.
Runners Male and Female in each category and class, age groups ranging from 12 and under to 70 and up. Almost 2/3 of your total course is trail, most of which provides fairly decent footing, with little in the way of rocks or roots. Eight miles of it is on segments of the 100 Mile course. The total vertical for the 50 Mi is about 8,900’.
Runners Male and Female in each category and class, age groups ranging from 12 and under to 70 and up. This isn’t quite so challenging as the 50 mile. Almost 2/3 of your total course is trail, most of which provides fairly decent footing, with little in the way of rocks or roots. Eight miles of it is on segments of the 100 Mile course. The total vertical for the 50 Km is about 5,600’.
Relay Mileage Breakdown – 12.3 Miles Start to Skunk Hollow – 19.0 Miles Skunk Hollow to Greenall’s – 18.7 Miles Greenall’s to finish
Please park at the Ascutney Outdoors Parking Area (and other designated spots only) and walk or bike down to the BIG TENT in the Cunningham lot (look for signs). Please use parking lots only for parking!! If you park on the grass you will be towed!
- Racers will pick up their bibs or bike plaques and commemorative race t-shirts at the registration area (BIG TENT.) Please have your ID ready.
- Mountain Bikers – a wristband will be placed on your wrist -this is our meal ticket for Sunday’s post Race Dinner.
- Runners – your BIB will have a pull tab for you meal ticket on Sunday. Race Bibs are chipped and will be electronically recorded at each aid station.
- Relay Teams -The Team Captain will pick up the Team Packet. ONLY ONE BIB will be in the packet and will be passed among the team members. ONLY one team member on course at any given time and ONLY one vehicle can be registered per team. Please look over our Relay Team Info Page before the race. The other two team members may pick up their Bibs for their meal ticket at the BIG TENT on Sunday.
- Runners with Pacers – Register your pacer and pick up their Pacer Bib at the Information table in the BIG TENT. All pacers must wear a bib while on course. Please look over our Pacer Info Page before the race.
Racers will pick up their vehicle parking permit at the Information Table.
One permit per racer (this includes the Relay Teams-One vehicle per team).
The permit will have the racer’s Bib # and Vehicle Plate # on it.
These permits are needed to park at the designated Aid Stations on Course: Skunk Hollow, Greenall’s and Johnson’s
2:00 pm - Kids' Free Bike Ride
3:00 pm - Adaptive Bike Race
3:30 pm - Kids' Free Fun Runs
4:30 pm - Kids' Treasure Hunt
5:00 - 8:30 pm - Pre-Race Buffet-style Pasta Dinner (NOT incl. with registration)
5:30 am - 50-mile Pre-Race Meeting
6:00 am - 50 Mile MTB START (expert wave)
6:10 am - 50 Mile MTB (sport wave)
6:25 am - 50 Mile MTB (novice wave)
6:30 am - 50 Mile Run START
7:00 am - Mandatory 50K Racer check-in
7:30 am - 50K Pre-Race Meeting
8:00 am - 50K START
11:30 am - 6:45 pm - Post Race Meal (incl. with registration)
1:00 - 3:00 pm - Awards/Prizes
6:30 pm - Course Closes