A marathon is a race, which covers 26.2 miles and is a challenge for most mere mortals.
The Virtual Marathon Major Series asks you to take on a range of challenges all based around the original marathon distance of 26.2 miles. Can you beat some of the greatest marathon times set over the years by some of the most accomplished athletes by taking on our carefully selected challenges?
Run New York Virtual Marathon Major
Join us on the 28th November 2020 and run the full marathon.
Rewards & Prizes
All participants will receive a bespoke Virtual Marathon Majors medal which will be posted to you after the event.
Top 10 finishers will be awarded with prizes from the VMM sponsors and partners.
How to enter the Virtual Marathon Series - New York
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 42km
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.