Distances in this event
- Triathlon: Swim 0.25km, Bike 8mi, Run 1.5km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 13mi, Run 5km
- Duathlon: Run 1.5mi, Bike 13mi, Run 5km
- Other: Swim 0.75km, Bike 13mi
- Other: Swim 0.75km, Run 5km
- Triathlon: Run 1.5km, Bike 23mi, Run 10km
- Duathlon: Run 5km, Bike 23mi, Run 10km
- Other: Run 1.5km, Bike 23mi
- Other: Run 1.5km, Run 10km
- Triathlon: Swim 2km, Bike 33mi, Run 9.3mi
- Duathlon: Run 5km, Bike 33mi, Run 9.3km
- Other: Swim 2km, Bike 33mi
- Other: Swim 2km, Run 9.3mi
- Swim 3km
- Run 5km
Zoom RedHawks Multisport Festival at Hueston Woods routes
- START: We will have an in-water start. Racers will line up according to ability. There are places where you cn touch the bottom at the start. Everyone (all men and women( will start in the same wave unless otherwise directed.
- COURSE: The courses will be marked with large buoys
- The 5km swim begins with a 500m loop (1/2 lap) and then 6 laps on a 750m loop
- The 3km swim is 4 laps on a 750m loop
- The 2km swim begins with a 500m loop (1/2 lap) and then 2 laps on a 740m loop
-The 1500m swim is 2 laps on a 750m loop
- The 750m swim is 1 lap on a 750m loop
- The beginner swim is a point to point swim one way down the beach in shallow water
- There is 1 aid station for the 3k and 5k swim. To access the aid station you must swim to the table, access your aid and then return to the course. You can leave your own aid, we will provide water and gels.
This is a swim and bike only event. You must enter the transition area, rack your bike and then proceed to the finish line. Aquabikers will exit the transition area through run out and then proceed to the finish line.
This is a swim and run only event. You must enter the transition area after your swim, get your running gear and then proceed to the run course. At the end of your run you must cross the finish line.
This is a run, followed by a bike and then another run. You must enter the transtition area between events. The duathlons will start in a separate location from the swim. Duathletes should meet at the duathlon start for their pre-race meeting and event start.
- You must store all your gear in the transition area and enter the transition area between each leg of the race.
- The transition area will be split into zones and racers will rack their bikes in the designated zones. You can put your bike anywhere on the designated racks and store your stuff below your bike.
- Open swimmers and aqua-runners will have a designated zone in the transition area to store their stuff.
- Place the stickers provided at registration on your bike and your transition bag. You cannot exit the transition Area with your bike or gear bag without a sticker on your bike & bag that matches your body marking race number. This is for your safety.
- Transition Entrance and Exits will be marked with flags, signs, cones and fence.
- SWIM IN & RUN IN are on the same side of the transition area; locations vary by race venue.
- BIKE IN & BIKE OUT: Mount your bike after you cross the Mount Line and Dismount your bike before you cross the Dismount Line. Remember that you must wear a helmet when you are on your bike. Additionally you must put your helmet on before you leave the transition area (after your have exited the swim and picked up your bike in the transition area).
- RUN OUT: Locations vary by race venue.
- WHAT BIKE TO USE: You can ride most any upright human powered bike in the race including but not limited to road bikes (10 speed), mountain bikes, & hybrid bikes.
- HELMET: Remember that you must wear a helmet when you are on your bike. Additionally you must put your helmet on before you leave the transition area (after your have exited the swim and picked up your bike in the transition area).
- DRAFTING IS NOT ALLOWED: Please refer to the USAT triathlon rules for more information.
- COURSE MARKINGS: The bike course is marked with signs and cones. There will be a sign at each turn, so if you do not see a sign, please proceed straight. All turns are marked with signs. We DO NOT make any marks on the roadway surface, so please ignore all paint on the road surface. These are from other races and may take you off course.
- SAFETY: Additionally there will be local law enforcement at all turns so that you can proceed without stopping. The roads are open to traffic. You have the right of way, but that does not mean the cars will know that, so be alert and be safe.
- Please ride in the right lane of the road at all times and be sure you ride to the right of that lane so other cars and riders can safely pass you during the race.
- Should you get a flat or have an accident, please alert the next rider so they can alert our staff, volunteers or law enforcement at the next turn.
- COURSE MAPS: Please review the course maps before the race. It is your duty to know the course. Each race venue will have its own unique bike course.
- Beginner triathletes will have a unique course so please study the race map. This course will be 1 out and back.
- Sprint triathletes, duathletes and aquabikers will complete 1 lap on the 13 mile course.
- Olympic triathletes, duathletes and aquabikers will complete 2 laps on the 13 mile course.
- ⅓ Iron triathletes, duathletes and aquabikers will complete 3 laps on the 13 mile course.
- BIKE CUT OFF: Everyone must have completed the bike course by 11:00am. This should give everyone plenty of time to complete this segment of the race.
- COURSE MAPS: Please review the course maps before the race. It is your duty to know the course. The run course is marked with signs, cones and chalk. If you do not see a sign, cone or chalk/spray arrow keep going straight. There will also be volunteers on course as well. Each race venue will have its own unique run course, so please review the course maps. All runs will be out and back.
- There will be one common 5k (3.1-mile), out and back, course used by all athletes. Athletes will run 1.5-miles out and 1.5 miles back on course.
- If you are running 1.5 miles you will turn around at the .75-mile mark.
- If you are running 5k you will complete 1 lap of the course.
- If you are running 10k you will complete 2 laps of the course.
- If you are running 9.3 miles you will complete 3 laps of the course.
- AID STATIONS: There are 3 aid stations / water stops on course that can be accessed multiple times throughout your run. Each will have water, HEED and Hammer Gels. The aid stations will be at:
- Exit of transition area
- .75-mile mark turn around
- 1.55-mile mark turn around
- Closed roads
- Finisher’s t-shirt
- Finisher’s medal
- Race packs collected on the day
From the organizer
Featuring a covered bridge, scenic views, and some challenging hills, this event is a must race in Southwest, Ohio. A stop on the Ohio Triathlon Series, this unique race offers triathlons, duathlons, aquabikes (swim bike only) and aquathlons (swim run only), in distances for all ages and abilities including beginner, sprint, olympic and 1/3 iron. There is a race for all ages and abilities.
Zoom RedHawks Multisport Festival at Hueston Woods weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
Zoom RedHawks Multisport Festival at Hueston Woods reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Zoom RedHawks Multisport Festival at Hueston Woods?
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.