Sign up for this virtual '12 Day Challenge' event from the makers of RBC GranFondo Whistler and not only will you get a goal and finishers' memento, you'll also directly support families and those in need with 100% of entry proceeds being donated to Food Bank Canada – plus choose other causes near you to voluntarily donate to!
You've got 12 days to complete either a 55km, 122km or 152km challenge, and you can add to your total cumulatively or simply make it a long day in the saddle, wherever you are in the world. It's also a great opportunity to get your kids involved: can they be inspired and ride any of these distances over 12 days with your help?
Then, share your photos and show everyone how epic you are!
Prizes: Everyone who completes the challenge will be entered into a draw of over 160 fantastic prizes from our partners:
- Trek: 2020 Emonda SL 5 road bike (RRP $3499.99)
- Helijet: Roundtrip Travel between Vancouver & Victoria for a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children under 12) PLUS 1 night accommodation at the Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria (RRP $2350)
- Red Truck: 50 8-packs of craft beer or vodka sodas
- Volvo: a weekend in a 2020 Volvo vehicle, PLUS get a coupon for $1000 off a new Volvo in the months of September / October 2020
- CLIF: 40 boxes of CLIF Bloks and CLIF Bars – 40 different winners!
- DUER: Giftcard for three pairs of new jeans (RRP $450), PLUS 15% off their online store
- nuun: Large cannister of endurance and a tube of each of their product lines, plus 50 tubes of nuun sport – 50 different winners!
You'll also get a unique digital finishers' medal and badge to show off your achievement.
You can ride solo or create your team and ride virtually together! Want to make even more of a difference for your community? Select a fundraising partner to raise money for, and get your family, colleagues, and friends to sponsor you. We might not be able to ride together, but together we can still make a difference to the lives of those around us.
Note – when you register, phone details are purely taken for submission purposes and data will not be passed onto third parties or used in promotion. If you live outside of the US, please also submit your address using the ‘enter address manually’ option.
Happy riding, and good luck!
How to enter the RBC GranFondo Whistler's 12 Day Challenge
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your results during the event time window.
- Bike 55km
- Bike 122km
- Bike 152km
How to complete the total distance
Ride anywhere you like, for as long as you like.
Simply record your ride and submit your result. Each time you submit a result, the distance you’ve done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community