How to enter the Ironman 70.3 Weymouth
- Triathlon: Swim 1.2mi, Bike 56mi, Run 13.1mi
Ironman 70.3 Weymouth route
Swim The swim course is one clockwise lap, in Weymouth Bay with a rolling start to reduce congestion.
Bike The IRONMAN 70.3 Weymouth bike course consists of one anti-clockwise loop through the rolling Dorset Countryside.
Run The IRONMAN 70.3 Weymouth run course begins with a run from transition at Lodmoor Country Park to the finish area. From here you will then complete 3.5 laps along Weymouth's esplanade. This provides a spectator friendly run course which enables athletes to get lots of support from family, friends and locals.
Swim: 1.2 miles in Weymouth Bay
Bike: 56 miles through Dorset
Run: 13.1 miles around Weymouth town centre
Swim: 1 hours 10 minutes + a further 10 minutes from the swim cut off to start the bike
Bike: 5 hours 30 minutes (after you cross the swim start timing mat) + a further 10 minutes from the bike cut off to start the run
Run: 8 hours 30 minutes (after you cross the swim start timing mat)
Swim: Weymouth Bay, Weymouth
Transition: Lodmoor Country Park, Weymouth, DT4 7SX
Finish: The Esplanade, Weymouth, DT4 8ED
IRONMAN 70.3 Weymouth operates a clean transition. NO equipment can be placed on the floor, in or box or otherwise around your bike. Helmets must also not be placed on your bike. Anything left will be removed. You will be given coloured bags when you register for your bike and run gear.
NB: Cycle shoes can be on the bike as long as they are attached to the pedals. Nutrition and bike computers can also be left on the bikes as long as attached.
Blue Bag: Bike Gear, put all the kit you need for your cycle in this bag, including your helmet (DON’T forget your race number). You will enter the blue bag marquee upon exiting the swim, here you will change and then head to collect your bike.
Red Bag: Run Gear, put all the kit you need for your run in this bag. Once you have left your bike you will enter the red bag marquee, here you will change and head to the run course
White Bag: this bag is for your dry clothing that you require after the race. The white bags will be in the athletes finish area and available to collect as soon as you finish the race.
- When you come to rack, your bike, helmet and bags must have your race numbers securely applied to them. You must have your helmet on with the strap fastened and be wearing your race number.
- You will not have access to your blue and red bags on race morning but you can access your bike to place your drinks bottles and nutrition.
- You must have your helmet fastened before removing your bike from the rack and keep it fastened until you have placed your bike back on the rack having finished the course.
All bikes and transition bags must be racked on Saturday. Please see the Race Week Schedule for times.
- Wetsuits are compulsory
- All athletes must wear the official swim cap provided
- The swim is a rolling start which will start on land. Athletes will line up according to their own expected swim time. BE REALISTIC!
- It is a course is one lap clockwise
- The cut-off time to complete the swim is 1 hours 10 minutes after you cross the swim start timing mat
- Athletes have 10 minutes from the swim cut-off to start the bike
- The IRONMAN 70.3 Weymouth course is a one lap anti-clockwise bike course traveling through the heart of Dorset. This will take in some spectacular scenery of the Jurassic Coast and pass through some picturesque Dorset villages. The course climbs 1000m.
- The course will start and finish at Lodmoor Country Park
- iPods, MP3 players, phones, video cameras etc. are not permitted on the course
- Your race number must be worn on your back
Note that athletes must be able to repair a puncture without assistance and should carry spare inner tubes and tools. IRONMAN will provide mobile and static support for other issues that athletes cannot fix themselves but these staff are not on call and we cannot guarantee that they will be available to assist with a problem.
- IRONMAN 70.3 Weymouth is a 3.5 lap run course through the seaside town of Weymouth
- iPods, MP3 players, phones, video cameras etc are not permitted on the course
- Your race number must be worn on your front
Half Ironman (70.3)Start Time: 5:50am
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
Ironman 70.3 Weymouth weather forecast
Meet the organizer
Ironman are ranked #46 in the UK out of 277 organizers
Ironman 70.3 Weymouth reviews (6)
4.4 out of 5 stars