The Run Day will also consist of a 10k and 2k fun run to enable or levels of fitness to take part in what is sure to be a brilliant event.
Half Marathons in Carlisle
The Lowther Lakeland Trail Run starts from the field beside Lowther Castle. This scenic 13 mile route takes runners across Askham Fell and the Lowther Valley. It's a fully marked 13 mile route with about 1400ft of ascent. There are a few short but flattish sections on rough ground, about 3 miles of tarmac, about 2 miles crossing rough pasture, and the rest across mostly open country with grassy and gravel tracks.
Trail Outlaws are delighted to be able to join forces with RAF Spadeadam and the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund(RAFBF) to give you an out of this world opportunity to take part in a trail half marathon at the historic RAF Spadeadam in Cumbria. Come and take part in this not to be missed event, run around the historic base that was part of the UK's missile project during the cold war.
Britains Most Beautiful Marathon is the finale to a weekend of events, starting with the Kielder 10K & Kielder Run Bike Run followed by the Kielder Half Marathon and Junior races. It all adds up to an electric atmosphere and a fabulous weekend in this beautiful part of the country.
A beautiful, challenging marathon course set in England's most spectacular mountain scenery. The Langdale Marathon has a reputation as the toughest road marathon in the UK. Taking in two laps of the Half Marathon course and reaching gradients of 1:3, this stunning marathon attracts both seasoned runners and a large number people looking for their next challenge.
Can't find an event?
Let us know the name and we'll add it as fast as possible.
We're talking Usain Bolt fast.
What you need to know about Half Marathons
At 13.1 miles, a half marathon is long enough to test even the strongest runners, but short enough for almost anyone determined to conquer their next challenge. We have a jam-packed calendar of half marathons taking place up and down the country — from big ballot events to local community races and spectacular trail runs. Get involved and conquer your next challenge.
Find local Half Marathon running races
A half marathon is a fantastic event for those new to running to really push themselves, or as a great warm up event for those ready to tackle a full marathon or even an ultramarathon
- What is the distance covered in half marathon?
- The half marathon is one of running`s most popular distance - a half marathon is 13.1 miles (or 21.1km).
- What is an average time for a half marathon?
- Breaking 2:00 (9:09 per mile pace) is a common goal, and that time is considered a respectable half marathon time among runners. The average times for half marathons in the U.S. in 2015 were 2:04:00 for males and 2:22:21 for females.
- What is the half marathon world record?
- The world record for men is 58:23 for men and 1:04:52 for women.
- How long does it take to train for a half marathon?
- If you are working with a training plan you can achieve a half marathon in 8 weeks.