Run Club SF (www.runclubsf.com) is rolling out their very first virtual race, I Left My Heart in San F(RUN)cisco which includes a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and full marathon. Whatever distance you run, you'll get a San Francisco inspired (see logo above) lifestyle, cotton tee shirt and an awesome race woodallion from Elevation Culture.
If you're feeling particularly brave, take on the 49er challenge, and run all of the distances combined for a total of 49 miles! You don't have to do it all in one go though - just take note of all your times for the various distances, and we'll make sure your time is recorded.
All runners who conquer the 49er Challenge get a technical trucker hat and a buff!
Runners can participate & complete their chosen distance any time between now and end of day 7/26, but must submit their results the last Sunday of July. (submissions will open at 00:01 July 26)
Participation also includes access to the virtual summer season of Run Club (5/16-7/26). Access includes training schedules, weekly email newsletters, a private Facebook group to connect with your coaches/teammates, Zoom happy hours with special guests, virtual running challenges, and more.
For any questions on the 49er Challenge, feel free to reach out to [email protected]
How to enter the I Left my Heart in San F(run)cisco 5K/10K/Half/Full
Once you book the event, you'll need to upload your result during the event time window.
- Run 5kmBooked 3 times this week
- Run 10kmBooked 6 times this week
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 49mi
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you go further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.